Lt. Commander
TTS chat and outher places like PvP zone chat i see ppl gripeing about Feedback Pulse and they are saying you are going to nerf it Why it works as intended.

#1 its meant to reflect your Frequency of wep back at you =your shield Frequency
Beam wep ->through your freq of shields -> to a ship that isnt the same shield Freq so reduced dmg reflected by the ships deflector field outside of shields->Beam on return trip same shield Freq as you->Beam goes through your shields at 100% power due to your own shield Freq -> unless you have resist to your own wep type then your hull will take 100% dmg from your return beam.= not broken

A. Why would ppl think that the energy blast that they send at a target that has a there own shield freq to Bypass there own shieds to change freq on the return trip and be reduced in dmg?

B.Why would you guys nerf something that is junk untill you spec into it if you are going to nerf it plz take out the spec option for it.

C.Could you give it some diminishing returns if anything don't Nerf the heck out of it (Dont Fix something that isnt Broken)

.Really whats the issue with Feedback pulse the only issue i see is user abuse of there own beam weps if you see a blue ship dont fire/dont spam your space bar the reason you guys are getting owned by it is your comp is trying to catch up and is continueing to fire the beams due to you spamming that key.Its not the skills fault. I play a science ship with full beam weps and have no issues with this skill i find it vary sad that they are sacrafising some abilities to use that skill so if you see it wait for it to ware off then that ship is most likely Squishy its worth the wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJP40PcGI
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
*sigh* this again...

I'm not even going to justify you with a full blown response. Just know that beams hit 4 times per cycle, and when cranked up to max power, it is possible to kill someone using FBP within 1, 6 beam cycle, broadside. You cannot cancel this cycle, you can only stop firing after the cycle has finished.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Doh
03-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I understand that but the thing is it is meant to do what it does if you nerf it might as well give your beam weapons AI ability to change freq. in mid flight. i understand your point and agree but the FEEDBACK pulse is not what needs to be fixed it is the fireing of BEAM Weps and not fire so many at once. AGAIN feedback pulse IS NOT THE ISSUE ................:p
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Isn't really a complete nerf, now fbp does cannons/turrets as well. Course prior to this fbp allowed you to deal more damage than the othership was doing to you directly against the hull. For most it was more than you could repair even with decent repair skills. Now fbp just does 50/50 hull/shield and the damage is getting nerfed a bit in exchange for fbping cannons as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I did not know fixing an ability was considered nerfing it!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayantempest View Post
I understand that but the thing is it is meant to do what it does if you nerf it might as well give your beam weapons AI ability to change freq. in mid flight. i understand your point and agree but the FEEDBACK pulse is not what needs to be fixed it is the fireing of BEAM Weps and not fire so many at once. AGAIN feedback pulse IS NOT THE ISSUE ................:p
I'm pretty sure FBP wasn't meant to do what it does in practice. It does more damage than the beam weapons themselves -- that doesn't even make sense, if anything some damage should be lost along the way.

FBP is intended to be a boost to DPS, not to be the only ability you use. But as things stand right now you can get kills using nothing other than FBP.

I agree that it doesn't quite make sense that FBP is going to hit shields, except that hulls are too fragile to allow an ability to hit the hull directly. I think at one point Cryptic wanted ships to be able to hull tank or something, but
in practice hulls are much too fragile. If you wanted to double everyone's hull strength, then maybe FBP hitting the hull would be okay again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2010, 03:28 AM
the only thing i dont understand, is how do you feedback pulse a cannon? i thought that was the whole point behind cannons....
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 03:43 AM
As someone who has started using Feedback Pulse, I'll admit I'd like it not to be decreased in effectiveness.

Seriously though, it is far too powerful. As such it's virtually become a standard skill amongst PVPers and all that's done is take away the fun for everyone concerned.

Frankly I think such skills (FPB, VM and even RSP which I love) should be made Commander only skills.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
the only thing i dont understand, is how do you feedback pulse a cannon? i thought that was the whole point behind cannons....
quite simple.

Fed's use beam weapons, 250 attack angle in there main setup's.
KdF uses "bolt" weapons, 45 attack angle in there main setup (with far lower hulls, btw).

There are more Fed's out there (that don't know how to use there ship in PvP) that are killing
themself with FBP, if KdF activates it -> see argument, we need more autofire in space.

So, now FBP also works against cannons / bolt weapons and KdF would blow up themselfs, if they
don't nerf the damage as well with this change, without giving Fed the "instant kill skill".

That KdF already sacrifies alot with the 45 attack vector compared towards the 250 of the Fed is something,
that simple goes under, you can guess, why.

To sum together:
Any advantage KdF has had in PvP will be turned into an disadvantage, to give the majority of the player base
- the Fed's - the possibility to rule any battlefield with "auto-fire" active for the win, rather then "think and skill".

Welcome to Federation Online FTW
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiGraus View Post
an disadvantage
I lolled. Such an hero.

Far lower hulls? Not according to Suricata's ship tier chart.

I always argued against autofire as well. It's the single most idiotic thing you can wish for in the face of skills like FBP etc.

Never used cannons myself, but even an otherwise unusable battlecruiser would only be able to mount 4. Can't see the damage of 2 DHC as being much more than a 6-beam broadside TBH. They did also decrease the damage BTW. The most it does (FBP III) is below 100% of what you throw at it.

45 arc. More damage with fewer weapons. Lets you mount other weapons to compensate for this weakness. Nothing wrong with that in principle.

I'd have liked for them to rename it, because FBP doesn't really imply reflecting cannon fire. Corbomite Reflector? :p

Other than that, it was a sorely needed balancing decision.