Lt. Commander
# 1 How to purchase Cryptic Points
03-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Greetings,

There appears to be some confusion as to how people can add points to their balance for the C-Store. For those who haven't done this before, please follow the directions below.

1) Go to the main STO website page @ http://www.startrekonline.com (or click the banner at the top of the forums).

2) Click on 'my account' in the upper right corner.

3) There will be a box labeled 'Cryptic Points' on the right side of the page. In that box will be your current CP balance. Below that balance will be a link labeled 'Buy More'. Click that link and you will be taken to a page with various options to buy points. (You may need to log in again for security purposes).

4) Pick one of the options for adding points to your account, and click submit. For reference, the current options are:

$6.25 USD 500 Cryptic Points
$12.50 USD 1000 Cryptic Points
$25.00 USD 2000 Cryptic Points
$62.50 USD 5000 Cryptic Points

Keep in mind, prices shown above are in US currency are not inclusive of VAT and/or other applicable local taxes. Those of you from other countries may see different options or pricing than what's shown above.

(( Devs/Mods, please sticky this for reference? Thanks! ))
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
By request - and also because granted, this is mildly confusing the first time you try to do it, this thread has now been stickied more than a Greldian Ooze-Fly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
stickied more than a Greldian Ooze-Fly.
Just had to LOL (because i'm easily an ammused ST fan )

Also @ your location, Edge of the Known Universe, which, if your a guy, would mean the front of your pants? Just don't open your fly or the Warp Bubble will collapse (and Dr Crusher will be lost forever).
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
By request - and also because granted, this is mildly confusing the first time you try to do it, this thread has now been stickied more than a Greldian Ooze-Fly.
I was under the impression that the threads were being read on a regular basis Phoxe, I have already covered this subject more accurately, as well as other subjects, no offence to the OP, but the information in the OP in this thread is not completely accurate, so here's the accurate information, I thought it would be more useful here considering you “stickied” this thread, which has annoyed me but it's no big deal, btw I hope I'm not breaking any rules, I'm simply sharing the correct info.

I thought that my threads title could have simply been changed and stickied as a good solution though, never mind, I'll get over it, good job OP, good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Ok, click here, then click "My Account" in the top right corner of the page, after the page has loaded you'll see "Payment Methods" and under that click "Add Payment Method".

Now you'll need to add your payment details using one of the following Card Types and it can be a Debit or Credit Card.
  • Visa

• American Express

• MasterCard

• Carte Bleue Visa / MasterCard

Ok, once you have filled in all of those details, and the action has been processed which means your details will be saved, you then need to go back to "My Account" page and look under where you added your payment method.

You should see under "Cryptic Points" your current balance and the option to click on "Buy More" which takes you to a new page.

On the new page you simply choose your desired amount of CP from the options available and click "Submit", good luck!
Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I didn't mention payment methods for the simple fact that options here in the US may not be the same as those in the UK or elsewhere.

The point of the post was to address the confusion on how to find your balance or add points, not confuse people with information on options that may not be available to them.

A good example here would be the Carte Bleu Visa/MC mentioned in your post. it is primarily a French credit card company, and would likely not be found in many other regions.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Cheers!
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
It doesn't matter, I said you did a good job and all, but as you can see, anyone wanting the information from the USA or the UK, has it right here, it's all good, I was just dissapointed, nothing else.

Also, your OP doesn't state that the player needs to "Add Payment Method" first before they click "Buy More" and your's doesn't state that both Credit and Debit cards can be used, but with our powers combined, ummm... people will be able to buy CP!

Whoop whoop!

Cheers RogueMaster and much respect, as i saidm nothing personal, I was just dissapointed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Thank you. I think you explained it very well. It was only the other day i contacted the support and made a ticket for this. Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
It doesn't matter, I said you did a good job and all, but as you can see, anyone wanting the information from the USA or the UK, has it right here, it's all good, I was just dissapointed, nothing else.

Also, your OP doesn't state that the player needs to "Add Payment Method" first before they click "Buy More" and your's doesn't state that both Credit and Debit cards can be used, but with our powers combined, ummm... people will be able to buy CP!

Whoop whoop!

Cheers RogueMaster and much respect, as i saidm nothing personal, I was just dissapointed.
Someone's panties are in a bunch...

Thanks again RogueMaster
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Now if only could add more payment options under 'Buy Cryptic Points". Because some of us don't trust credit cards or paypal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2010, 07:03 AM
You can also use Debit Cards, but you've only got those three options, there is a good reason why those are the only options available, I just can't remember what that reason is, maybe Phoxe can enlighten us.

I think it has something to do with how they validate your payment...