Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Just curious..cause i find it to be a miserable experience and getting worse everyday..

So what happened with the patch..thought we would get thngs to do..guess not..

Everything seems to be way out of whack..or is it just me...

I mean come on...
1st thing is ..Where is loot?..hmmm..i mean come on... I've killed 700 ships and still haven't gotten one thing I can use and I'm at LC 5..whats wrong here....( and why can't we get an in-game answer.) I been in a few MMO's and usually can get someone to talk to me..

2nd thing is that they need to get rid of the queues and make the whole area PVP..if thats all they want us to do then let us do it..Sitting around for hours trying to get in zone is pure BS..And while waiting all I can do is explore for literally no points and NO LOOT is extreme pure BS..

3rd is that I really want to like the game..I've been waiting for something like this for 45 years..Yes I'm in my mid 50's and have been gaming since pong..A long time now..How did this all go so wrong..

Why did they build what is basically an arcade game..Did none of these folks actually ever play Galaxies or Lotro..Those are how everyone should build a game..Open world..
Frankly I am really dismayed at the lack of exploration..little maps on big worlds rot..want to travel the whole world..and have lots to do on each one..

Or its possible that none of that matters to most folks ..don't know.. But I'm not the type to play this a little while then move on..Maybe they don't really expect hard core types to be playing..don't know..
What I do know is that over all its becoming a very depressing experience..both sides...

And like I said, maybe its just me..

Anyhow interessted in how others feel..I know it won't make a difference in the big picture..To fix this mess they would have to scrap it and start over..not going to happen..after all its not about entertainment, its a bout money..
So how do you all feel ?... REALLY..inside..are you happy?..

Not trying to start a gripe session..just curious...

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree. Being klingon is very boring. Try being BG5, all there is to do is the daily/dailies, infected, and the cure. Crap, we can't even pvp at the moment. And the romulan dig site is pretty buggy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2010, 05:32 PM
[quote=Seregond]Why did they build what is basically an arcade game..Did none of these folks actually ever play Galaxies or Lotro..Those are how everyone should build a game..Open world..
Frankly I am really dismayed at the lack of exploration..little maps on big worlds rot..want to travel the whole world..and have lots to do on each one..
[quote]
The reason is the 2yr developement cycle for production and release.
Jack Emmert (Cryptic Top Guy) admitted that was the reason we got the game as it is. It was what they could practically achieve in the time frame.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregond
Just curious..cause i find it to be a miserable experience and getting worse everyday..

So what happened with the patch..thought we would get thngs to do..guess not..

Everything seems to be way out of whack..or is it just me and the fact I'm not liberal enough to mindlessly except pure BS...

I mean come on...
1st thing is ..Where is loot?..hmmm..i mean come on... I've killed 700 ships and still haven't gotten one thing I can use and I'm at LC 5..whats wrong here....( and why can't we get an in-game answer.) I been in a few MMO's and usually can get someone to talk to me..

2nd thing is that they need to get rid of the queues and make the whole area PVP..if thats all they want us to do then let us do it..Sitting around for hours trying to get in zone is pure BS..And while waiting all I can do is explore for literally no points and NO LOOT is extreme pure BS..

3rd is that I really want to like the game..I've been waiting for something like this for 45 years..Yes I'm in my mid 50's and have been gaming since pong..A long time now..How did this all go so wrong..

Why did they build what is basically an arcade game..Did none of these folks actually ever play Galaxies or Lotro..Those are how everyone should build a game..Open world..

Or its possible that none of that matters to most folks ..don't know.. But I'm not the type to play this a little while then move on..Maybe they don't really expect hard core types to be playing..don't know..
What I do know is that over all its becoming a very depressing experience..both sides...

And like I said, maybe its just me..

Anyhow interessted in how others feel..I know it won't make a difference in the big picture..To fix this mess they would have to scrap it and start over..not going to happen..after all its not about entertainment, its a bout money..
So how do you all feel ?... REALLY..inside..are you happy?..

Not trying to start a gripe session..just curious...
A fleet would fix all the troubles you have here except loot , and you are right the loot needs to be fixed.....Get a RPing fleet tho House of Duras I think is a Rping fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes, Klingons are boring. It is better thanit was but 2 x 0 still = 0.

PvP is weak. ********* has way better PvP. In 2 years they couldn't come up with OPEN PvP? Very few people believe this was anything other than the easy way out for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I like being a klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Problems problems problems...

They add a raid or two, balances, nerf hammer falls yada yada... ties you over for a week tops, maybe.. but then we still hav eth problems as listed above from my fellow warriors...

me a sad klingon, a sad drunk, lonley klingon... on the bridge... with mYY BLOOD WINEEAAHH!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Trust me, we'll continue to add PvE. I'm a die hard Klingon player and I'm constantly on the EP to add more.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Trust me, we'll continue to add PvE. I'm a die hard Klingon player and I'm constantly on the EP to add more.
Cool. Could you add auto-fire on the primary ground weapon for Klingons like the Feds have?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Well ... great?

Having two level 45's myself I can say without a doubt getting level 45 was the worst possible move I could have made. I don't have 3-4 hours a day to play, lifetime subscription or not. The lifetime sub in itself was the worst judgement call I've made in a long while in itself.

I find it odd that Cryptic doesn't believe STF's should be for PUG's, a dev flat out said so not long ago. So if STF's are meant to be PUGed, and they require hours of time for rewards that are simply a joke and can be had with much less effort (which in the long run, are actually better from a min/max perspective) then what do you expect a Fed/Klingon to do at max rank? You're pvp maps are unimaginative at best, sloppy and lazy at worst. The daily exploration takes 30 minutes and it in itself is unimaginative as well. You fight a few ships in combat that last 15 seconds, or you run around collecting samples for a crafting system that has no point or you beam down to a planet and scan some stuff. Really? This is what your imagination came up with?

The loot that drops in zones doesn't even come close to the loot you can buy from vendors in the Omega Battle Fleet and K7 and credits are useless so what is your intention with loot drops?

I've never been so bored playing a game in a long long time. There is no endgame to pvp right now, no ladder system or rating system to work towards. The gear that drops from Infected and The Cure does nothing for well geared players and apparently Cryptic decided to ignore what the rest of the gaming community has been saying for years, having "raids" of any kind with 99% trash is boring and a waste of my time.

Cryptic seems more interested in getting fluff into their C-store rather than content for ALL 45's.

One upside to a worthless Lifetime Sub, at least I can quit knowing I can try it again in the years to come, assuming it is here.