Lt. Commander
# 1 Stop Doing That!
03-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I have an engineering officer on my away team with Fabricate Medical Generator II, however EVERY time the cooldown is up (every 30 sec) he uses it. This makes it so when I engage combate the generator is always on Cooldown.

My question is: Is there a way to make him ONLY use it IN combat? Or at least to make him stop using it altogether so I can chose when it gets summoned?

If not I would like to suggest this become an option somehow.

Edit: NM, found another thread on this, had to search manually for it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=129639
Lt. Commander
I agree! Let's stop the silliness.

Why does the engineer have to constantly spam the Medical Generator?? Seems like a bug. He/She doesn't spam the other items--thank goodness. Although once or twice my engineer has dropped the auto cannon and started combat before I knew what was happening. It's like what the heck?!

Please let the captain to decide when to deploy these actions or else wait for combat to begin.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 09:29 AM
You guys are so mean. Maybe he just enjoys making a shield generator. Maybe he just enjoys bringing a new life into this barren universe, a new life that heals people very close by for 1 HP repeatedly all the time. Are you really going to deny him the joy of medical generator birth?? You should be ashamed of yourselves! Men!
Lt. Commander
# 4 Red Bull gives you Wings
03-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I concur entirely with the original post.

Since recently being promoted to Tactical Commander my Engineering chap who has been let's face it the poor cousin in the field from day one but doing his bit for the away team has suddenky taken on a whole new persona - now he has the ability to create medical fabricators like he's crazed on some energy-drink addiction. The powers in the form of skill points I have bestowed apon him have gone straight to his head.

He simply won't stop - I have only done a couple of away missions since being promoted and I can say that it's already totally wearing thin. It interrupts the immersion factor in between combat when talking to Ambassadors and so on, to the point where you want to set your own Phaser to stun just to put the guy on his backside and take stock of what he's doing. (First Contact, Will Riker "We haven't got time for this")

So please for the love of Warp Drive Theory can the developers "sanitise" the behaviour of BOFFS when on away missions so that they work in line with what the surroundings are telling them, instead of competing with the human player in terms of "Watch this, check out how fast I can use my Powers".

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Commander of the U.S.S. Incandescent
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 09:02 AM
My Liberated Borg BOff makes a constant stream of Medical Generators.

I've come to the conclusion her obsession is based on an underlying need to fill the latent desire to procreate that the Borg assimilation process has obviously stripped from her and left her barren.

I find it sad to watch her efforts to continually and obsessively create generator after generator, the subconscious primal need to give life to offspring never sated despite the continual production of life-giving machines.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2010, 01:14 PM
My Chief Engineer was doing the same, but I treated him as I would an errant child and took his toy away (retrained that skill slot).
Once it was apparent that he was willing to be cooperative, I was able to train him again (Med Gen) and he has so far been far more well behaved.

A solution to the underlying problem would be preferred, but I have had to settle for treating the symptoms.