Lt. Commander
# 11
03-29-2010, 01:38 AM
http://knight776.deviantart.com/gall...nline-Inspired

Someone on Cryptic could use some ideas for the game, like the dancer...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
You know, this is why I want to just put my time and let the rest of you mooks convert on your own.

but NOOOO they are all like "its not fair for the rest of our player base."
And I'm like "Oh yeah, well how about I eat you right where you stand?"
And they are like "I'm talking to you on through a video screen like in Saw, you can't eat me."

and then one tear slowly rolls down my cheek.
I am all for your idea, the ones that can not find their way to the world clock on the web is noobs and needs to learn Internet all over again

ok ok ok ill be nice...here you go, no more looking http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Some details about Daylight Savings Time.

From the same source is this handy Time Zone Converter. IMO, a game company need not apologize for being hosted from its particular time zone. IMO, Cryptic should announce events in the companies own time zone and link the converter for those who are confused.

I would even go so far as to suggest that the GM's link that converter in all of their signatures.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-29-2010, 02:27 AM
im ok with them posting pst/pdt times, just do a "world time pdt" search and its simple to figure out yours.

what would be cool is the server status showing the estimated downtime in your account's chosen timezone, and the status also on the forums top menu.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffedfigs View Post
GMT is now BST (GMT+1) in the UK, as we changed hours Sunday Morning. Lets just say I'm posting this at 7:28 BST
To keep everyone sane, please keep posting in PDT & GMT as most people know the conversion between GMT and their timezone.

I'm a Brit, I'll just add 1 to get to BST, it's not that hard. :-)

GM_IndigoFyre we appreciate the lengths you are going to keeping us informed - thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Or: get a European Server with a Central European Time schedule .
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahmor
Or: get a European Server with a Central European Time schedule .
That does nothing for the Aussies and Kiwis either, why not, just put a server in every timezone including those in the mid pacific, maybe one in Atlantis and on the Titanic someone might be going on holiday.

The server is in the Pacific time zone, either use only that and let people do the math or use GMT and let people do the math. All this complaining about the game downtime being in someone's primetime has got to be annoying since there is nothing that can be done about it. These guys are already in at 0300 pacific to deal with the server as it is.

Sorry about the sarcasm but all the whining, mewling, and puking has been getting on my nerves for quite a while. It is unnecessary and they are unlikely to add servers all over the planet to serve a minority of the server population since the single server model is the one they chose to use.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
You know, this is why I want to just put my time and let the rest of you mooks convert on your own.

but NOOOO they are all like "its not fair for the rest of our player base."
And I'm like "Oh yeah, well how about I eat you right where you stand?"
And they are like "I'm talking to you on through a video screen like in Saw, you can't eat me."

and then one tear slowly rolls down my cheek.
man.......thats awesome......we should get together and go bowling! yea thats right! i installed a bowling alley on deck 13 where I store my torpedos and used barrels of plasma.

just try not to get too many gutter balls!

:p
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkoala
http://knight776.deviantart.com/gall...nline-Inspired

Someone on Cryptic could use some ideas for the game, like the dancer...
MMMMMMMMM Hot blue chicks mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hear the wormhole is nice this time of year........................
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Monday, March 29th from 3 am PDT to 4 am PDT (10 am to 11 am GMT), in order to perform maintenance. We will update this thread when we have more information.

OK, so in using World Clock I got the PDT in there, and I have GMT 7 hours ahead. I think I have the time zones covered here ... right?
Nope, what about Australian time :p
Closed Thread