Lt. Commander
How do I complete this mission? I go around the planet forever. Nothing happens? What am I missing here? Help Please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 01:15 AM
With "Aid The Planet" type of missions you usually have to deliver a certain amount of commodities they asked you for. Transwarp back to Starbase 1 and buy the commodities from the Commodity Vendor in the Requisitions area.

Then go back to Delta Volanis. Tthere will be a button in the lower right allowing you to re-enter the solar system in which the planet is. It should say "Continue MIssion XYZ" the name is random, as far as I know.

You approach the planet and get a popup box which will thank you for your delivery (if you bought the right type and amount of commodities).
Lt. Commander
# 3 Starbase 1?
03-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsignKoala
With "Aid The Planet" type of missions you usually have to deliver a certain amount of commodities they asked you for. Transwarp back to Starbase 1 and buy the commodities from the Commodity Vendor in the Requisitions area.

Then go back to Delta Volanis. Tthere will be a button in the lower right allowing you to re-enter the solar system in which the planet is. It should say "Continue MIssion XYZ" the name is random, as far as I know.

You approach the planet and get a popup box which will thank you for your delivery (if you bought the right type and amount of commodities).
I dropped the mission. I had aborted it a few times but when I went back to the planet I never got the pop-up telling me what to get.So I dropped it. If I go and pick the mission up again think I can start over? Can't remember what I was supposed to pick up. And Starbase 1? Is that on the Earth Space dock? Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 01:46 AM
It doesn't really matter, most people drop it because the commodities are "expensive".

I don't think you can get the same mission back again after you drop it, because I think they are being generated randomly as you explore. But there will sure to be more Aid missions coming your way in later Explorations. Just make note of what they need and how much, and go back to SB1 (yes Earth) and check out if you can (or want to) afford it.

I usually do them because I don't use Energy Credits for much else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Strange that this particular mission seems to only occur (as far as I have noticed,) in Delta Volanis only. And that to do it, means lowbies that had a tough time earning EC in the first place (not without grinding like heck, and forgoing upgrades,) to then force lowbies to spend a usual 1k EC on commodities (hopefully still just the low grade stuff, what with the higher grade stuff that is in the commodities section, for 'some' reason'.)

And then in 'every other' Cluster or Nebula I've been too, have no Aid Planet missions at all. (Maybe just luck, but I dunno.)

Other than the DS9 mission, just what are the other commodities for? A strange form of a gold sink? I do just know, that if another Aid Planet mission somehow pops up in a high lvl exploration area, then I cringe a bit for going for the more expensive stuff. (I mean 16 regular provisions for an Entertainment provision? Some form of math isn't cricket here.)

And yes I know you can get commodities alot, in Starbase 24, and such fleet missions. This depending on luck of drops of somehow making a kill, before a high level does (if the high level didn't inadvertently level the fleet zone and make it impossible for lowbies,) and then hope you get the right provision the Aid Planet mission, and so on and yada yada, gripe gripe mumble...

Anyone else stick it out like i did a couple of times, then dumped the mission the first you see another, and go for a repetitive base cleansing mission thereafter? Or such? Anyone? :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
Strange that this particular mission seems to only occur (as far as I have noticed,) in Delta Volanis only. And [...] And then in 'every other' Cluster or Nebula I've been too, have no Aid Planet missions at all. (Maybe just luck, but I dunno.)
Must have been your luck because I remember getting a few others.

One especially, that required me to trade in a few (4, I think) lesser commodity for one expensive one. I had enough of the lesser commodity to get two of the more expensive ones, then I had to buy the rest. I can't recall now exactly what they were, but I do remember having a feeling that these Aid missions are also Tiered with the type of commodities you will need to deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
Other than the DS9 mission, just what are the other commodities for? A strange form of a gold sink? I do just know, that if another Aid Planet mission somehow pops up in a high lvl exploration area, then I cringe a bit for going for the more expensive stuff. (I mean 16 regular provisions for an Entertainment provision? Some form of math isn't cricket here.)
I wish they were used for more, or at least they would let us help the people we are"aiding" installing them (or organize their distribution planetside), There are so much that can be done with these with a bit of imagination.

Would be great to see those Water Purification Systems turn into actual structures on the beam down site and have our Sci and Eng BOs set them up while we drink tea with the local elder and discuss their history and culture...
Lt. Commander
# 7 Energy credits?
03-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsignKoala
It doesn't really matter, most people drop it because the commodities are "expensive".

I don't think you can get the same mission back again after you drop it, because I think they are being generated randomly as you explore. But there will sure to be more Aid missions coming your way in later Explorations. Just make note of what they need and how much, and go back to SB1 (yes Earth) and check out if you can (or want to) afford it.

I usually do them because I don't use Energy Credits for much else.
Not sure if I even have any energy credits. I may play the scenario out and go back and finish it later when I have the credits. Much thanks.