Lt. Commander
# 1 Self-Destruct?
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Um...I tried this power out for the first time after being sucked into a three fleet ambush.

Nice little abandon ship horn, then kaboom...and the enemy ship I was next to went to from 5% to 100% hull.

How is this supposed to help any of my teammates?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 04:09 PM
It doesnt. And it probably did more damage to your allys than to the enemy.

The only thing that could be more ridiculus then this abillty would be if they added a skill called "Griefing" that increases the damage of this ability, and maybe allows you to fire Scramble Sensors at yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I've noted recently that when I'm destroyed, that enemy ship I had down to only a few percent immediately goes back to 100%. It's not just that one power. It's something hinky going on throughout.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
This skill is bugged. It doesn't always blow your ship up, but it does launch escape pods.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I cant get it to work at all now
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2010, 01:02 AM
i think they've changed it now. ive done some experiments and so far have noticed that you will not blow up unless your damaged and activily targeting an enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Its not a bug for the ship to instantly repair, thats intended. If they have no more aggro, then they reset. why it only affects the hull and not the shields is a bit odd, but this is how it works.

Abandon ship is really only there to save you some crew loss from an inevitable death.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
I've noted recently that when I'm destroyed, that enemy ship I had down to only a few percent immediately goes back to 100%. It's not just that one power. It's something hinky going on throughout.
It is an after combat effect. If you do not kill a enemy outright and die, then they will sometimes regen to full hull and partial shields, or vice-a-versa. It does seem silly sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It is an after combat effect. If you do not kill a enemy outright and die, then they will sometimes regen to full hull and partial shields, or vice-a-versa. It does seem silly sometimes.
I am sure that it wasn't like that before Season One. (I could be wrong, but I'm still sure. )

Shouldn't they regen at normal rate? So if they don't get away from me, the final explosion has it's normal effect?

I don't get a boost when I defeat an opponent, why do they? (This is PvE.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
I am sure that it wasn't like that before Season One. (I could be wrong, but I'm still sure. )

Shouldn't they regen at normal rate? So if they don't get away from me, the final explosion has it's normal effect?

I don't get a boost when I defeat an opponent, why do they? (This is PvE.)
I think it has always been like this, just not always a full regen. Usaually its a decent amount of hull and some shields. I always bug it.