Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
And yet another person who does not have a single clue how a game development team works.
I know that resources (people and time mostly) could be working on a Star Fleet Admiral's Uniform OR they could be working on Klingon uniforms. The same people and time can not do both. Given that the Klingons lack anything close to the customization Feds already have why not spend those resources on Klingon clothing instead of on a Fed Admiral's Uniform?

If that isn't how a development team works then I guess you better 'splain it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
agreed, far as i can see klingons are being paid much attention seriously. pve content, pvp battles, added ships. refits, bridges, fleet action. dude are you even looking at the dev chats or the ep. releases. I am just saying if you reach admiral you should be able to wear the uniform of an admiral. just like a cop, nurse, fire fighter and a millitary officer wears their proper and exceptional uniform sos hould star trek commanding officers. its cannon and star trek lore. also it takes no time to develop because its already in the game.
Your kidding right? have you played any Klingon? Klingons are getting maybe 1/3 the attention of Feds in the updates, they are falling furhter behind every time. Feds get THREE playable species, off-duty clothing, etc. The Klingons get retreaded Fed missions and a T2 cruiser that should've been in a launch, things that took didly squat to develop compared to what the Feds got in the 1st update.

I get it that you want an Admiral's Uniform. Klingons would like to have a choice of TWO pair of boots for their females. You have what, 6-8 uniform choices and Klingons have 2. How would you like it if Cryptic did a General's uniform but no Admiral's uniform for 3 years? Meanwhile instead of 6-8 uniforms plus off duty cloths you had ony 2 uniform choices with 1/3 the customization of those uniforms?

There doesn't seem to be any limit to the Feddie want list, and Klingons would fall over dead if they got 1/2 of what Feds already take for granted.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
I know that resources (people and time mostly) could be working on a Star Fleet Admiral's Uniform OR they could be working on Klingon uniforms. The same people and time can not do both. Given that the Klingons lack anything close to the customization Feds already have why not spend those resources on Klingon clothing instead of on a Fed Admiral's Uniform?

If that isn't how a development team works then I guess you better 'splain it to me.

Your kidding right? have you played any Klingon? Klingons are getting maybe 1/3 the attention of Feds in the updates, they are falling furhter behind every time. Feds get THREE playable species, off-duty clothing, etc. The Klingons get retreaded Fed missions and a T2 cruiser that should've been in a launch, things that took didly squat to develop compared to what the Feds got in the 1st update.

I get it that you want an Admiral's Uniform. Klingons would like to have a choice of TWO pair of boots for their females. You have what, 6-8 uniform choices and Klingons have 2. How would you like it if Cryptic did a General's uniform but no Admiral's uniform for 3 years? Meanwhile instead of 6-8 uniforms plus off duty cloths you had ony 2 uniform choices with 1/3 the customization of those uniforms?

There doesn't seem to be any limit to the Feddie want list, and Klingons would fall over dead if they got 1/2 of what Feds already take for granted.
Again, the uniform is already in the game, worn by many Federation NPC's like Admiral Quinn.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2010, 04:01 AM
There are a lot of things the NPCs have which players don't - Nausican and Gorn ships for example.

The Admiral's uniform is like the TOS dress. It doesn't split at the waste, it fits NPCs, but not players because player toons are made differently than NPCs. This difference has been explained on several threads. NPC Klingons and Orions have a great deal of clothing not available to players, things as simple as eye patches and footwear. When the devs figure out the TOS dress maybe they can move on to Admiral's (and General's) uniform. Whoop de fraking do! "The other faction" will still have hardly any character customization. Given the dev time and efforts to get that dress and Admial's uniform they could have done a whole set of clothing for the Klingon faction.

But no, this is Federation Online and Klingons are a 3rd world monster faction that gets table scraps. Feds have a choice of 3 eye pieces, Klingons have zero. Feds get off duty clothes, Klingons do not. Feds get three playable species, Klingons still have 2 species without females.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Less QQ more pew pew?

This is a "federation gameplay" feedback forum and this thread is a suggestion, so no need to bog it down with your bohoo "klingons are the baystard child" crap.

So please, scurry over to Klingon Feedback where you belong.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Is it really in STO players' interests to continue to spend so many resources on Fedration "nice to have" clothing items, or is it a better choice to take those same resources and provide the 3rd world Klingon faction with more content (in this case clothing and character customization), to make it a more livable experience, so that there are still a reasnable number of people willing to play the "other" side?
Cryptic would be serving more players by giving feds more things.

If the klingon population were larger, your post would carry more weight.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't get it either why Cryptic doesn't give the NPC clothing to players. Takes like an hour to put the code in since the items are already in the game. All you need to do as a dev is add the itemcodes to the tailor and that's it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Again, the uniform is already in the game, worn by many Federation NPC's like Admiral Quinn.
Possible problem: the NPC uniforma are not built as separate upper and lower pieces like the player uniforms, etc. So saying it is 'already in the game' is not necessarily true.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd really love the Admiral's uniform, as stated in the Costume Request thread. To add to that I think the Klingons should get the Captain NPC's coat (long one) along with those wicked sashes. Cryptic just needs to be more creative across the board, really. It is possible for them to introduce these things to players, it would just take more time to see what options need to be limited in the creator when these pieces are part of the equation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
agreed, far as i can see klingons are being paid much attention seriously. pve content, pvp battles, added ships. refits, bridges, fleet action. dude are you even looking at the dev chats or the ep. releases. I am just saying if you reach admiral you should be able to wear the uniform of an admiral. just like a cop, nurse, fire fighter and a millitary officer wears their proper and exceptional uniform sos hould star trek commanding officers. its cannon and star trek lore. also it takes no time to develop because its already in the game.
You seriously should visit a doctor and let check your eyes if you see that. Or a couch doctor and speak with him about your hallucinations.

Including worst versions of the Stuff feds already have is not "much attention"

However, this topic is not about the lack of Klingon clothes, its about Fed Admiral Uniforms.... and, since feds habe Admirals in the game they should be includet anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-14-2010, 09:00 PM
I've been thinking this for a long time... I wonder how many other upper level players have too. To be honest, when I was a Lt, I looked forward to getting promoted to Admiral, in large because I figured I would get the opportunity to look like the Admirals I was taking orders from...

what a disappointment...

It is the next stage, become an Admiral at last... LOOK like an Admiral.

Yeah, makes sense...