Lt. Commander
For a Grade 4 power that has a long cooldown, I find it rather weak and only really use it for fun and for the prity graphics. I am hoping it gets an upgrade or something.

Any other thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
afraid i have to agree i only use it to knock people on their butts and for the pretty graphics.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Not super effective, but looks really great when used for that last sliver of health on the Queen in Infected. Beam from the sky.... wicked witch is dead....
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
its a bit off my imba ship can fire on someone from space and the effect is it knocks them on thier butt and hits for as much as a semi - decent rifle...

be nice if it actually had some decent dmg and i wouldn't mind a longer CD to justify it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneNemesis
afraid i have to agree i only use it to knock people on their butts and for the pretty graphics.
Me too, but literally if you had your ship fire a phaser bank at the ground target. I'd think it's be insta-kill, big smokey crater, and a serious impression on the natives. That might be a bit much for mmo balance though
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2010, 06:05 AM
I have to admit I'm like you guys on this one, Orbital Strike is just exceedingly underwhelming. However, while looking over my Powers I noticed this odd little piece of text in Orbital Strike's description:

"Orbital Strike has far more damage variance than most abilities."

Now, on first read, it seems as though they're telling you that the damage caused has a rather large gap in which to fall, so to speak. In other words (these numbers are meant purely for example, btw) it may be from 1 to 200 damage. However, since Orbital Strike's magnitude can be modified by Modification Training, Combat Engineer, and Field Logistics I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, it means that the difference between an unmodified Orbital Strike and one that has all skills maxed (or close to it) is huge.

To be fair, it's just an observation based on the description, and I haven't tested it, but something has to account for the low damage output we have all seen and the descriptive text telling us to expect "massive damage." Oh, and my Engineer has absolutely ZERO skill points invested in any of those three abilities so it's to be expected that I shoot spitballs from orbit . Well, that is if my theory rings true... if not then, yeah, total meh ability.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2010, 06:20 AM
I thought they were supposed to be buffing this? didn't they do it yet?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I just find it unusual that in space we can't fire on a ship more than 10km away but my ship can hit a guy on the ground from orbit...
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-11-2010, 08:22 PM
It is not an orbital cannon. Actually it is a bunch of your crew mates shining bright LED flashlights down from space, into the same area.

About the same damage anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2010, 06:19 AM
I often wonder if I would do more damage with my weapon on normal fire-mode in the time my guy tips away on his holographic console.

Yes, I do more damage with my normal weapon, except I hit more than 3 enemies with the skill.

This is really underwhelming. And not logical at all too. How can my ship shoot into a cave? Or how can they be sure they are exact on 5m and not hit me instead?