Lt. Commander
# 1 Three Interivews With Craig
03-29-2010, 07:02 PM
New Star Trek Online interviews from around the world have been pouring in. Read on for more about the game.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I think the last one was already posted, because it's 20 days old. At least, I know that I've read it before. Just FYI
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the links. Nothing ground breaking here (2 interviews are from early March) though. I'll just quote this :

Quote:
JOL: A great work has been done on the background of the game and the Star Trek Universe, but for the most part of missions and episodes, many players feel just like being "soldiers"... Do you have plans to include more diplomacy to solve conflicts?

Craig: We’re moving more in that direction. The thing to remember is in 2409, the galaxy is in open conflict, so much of what worked years before when there was relative peace between the major factions in the Alpha Quadrant won’t work now. The Klingons, specifically, aren’t very interested in talking. But our users do want more non-combat missions and gameplay options, so it’s something we’re looking into. We want to make it something that’s as interesting and engaging as combat, which is something few MMOs have accomplished, so we’re blazing some trails here. It’s not going to be an immediate thing, but it should be very exciting.
It's a pleasure to see how Zinc feels enthusiastic about diplomacy
/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
well, people who are counting on a free player slot for a new faction character are going to be dissapointed. note the dodged question...

Quote:
JOL: If there are new factions in game, will they appear like Klingons, with a new slot for the character and, with a PvP mode?

Craig: We consider PvP to be a very important gameplay option, so any new faction we include will likely have a PvP component, just like the Federation and Klingons do now. But right now, we’re focused on Starfleet and the KDF and not talking about new factions just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Interivews? Is that French for Interviews?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Nothing new here to read. Lots of talk about plans in the future.And it sounds like a open sector for pvp is somthing thats a long way ahead. Like many other things.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 07:45 AM
always nice to see STO getting some good press!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Thanks for the links. Nothing ground breaking here (2 interviews are from early March) though. I'll just quote this :

It's a pleasure to see how Zinc feels enthusiastic about diplomacy
/sarcasm
ha ha I would have to agree, his answer is basically saying, I know its not ST but we can pretend ROFL
The more CP talk about ST, the more I go of it.