Lt. Commander
# 1 Hidden Cap?
03-29-2010, 10:38 PM
So Cryptic, when were you going to inform the community about the hidden cap on ship stats.

I have put 3000 skill points in Assault Crusier, and to my suprise, not one ship stat has increased. At first I thought, no way. they wouldnt do this. So I kept putting points in and checking if the stats ever went up. They have not, So I can only conclude that you have capped it. Some skill tree fix, when you put in hidden caps and dont think anyone will notice. Even if not intentional, there is no way you were not aware of it. Either way you should have seen fit to notify the community. So now I can only conclude that I have to go back on all my ships and skills and look for hidden caps that are a total waste of points. I dont suppose your going to pay for the respecs for me to have to go back on all my toons and check and see if I have a ton of wasted skill points due to hidden caps?

Now I for one dont mind the caps, what I do mind is you letting me waste skill points then charging me real money to respec to fix it.

From my point of view right now, you didnt fix the skill tree, you just moved stuff around and capped the end result. So regardless of what people do, they still wound up with the same total. and still wind up with skill points in skills that are useless.

Now I will give you the benefit of the doubt, if this is not true, explain to me why my stats are not improving. these Stats include Hull, Turn Rate, and Speed, they are the same now as when I had no skill points in assault cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
While there may in fact BE some sort of cap, you're probably also looking at a visual bug. Sometimes numbers don't register or change, when in fact they have. There are so many typo's and text glitches ... let's not get into it. Although, my favorite typo/text glitch is when you're told to turn in a mission to so and so, but in reality you have to turn it in to someone else; of which, you'd never know who you have to see unless you asked another player. So you spend an hour or so running around thinking your mission won't clear when, in fact, you're just talking to the wrong person.

gotta love it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetJingshen
So Cryptic, when were you going to inform the community about the hidden cap on ship stats.

I have put 3000 skill points in Assault Crusier, and to my suprise, not one ship stat has increased. At first I thought, no way. they wouldnt do this. So I kept putting points in and checking if the stats ever went up. They have not, So I can only conclude that you have capped it. Some skill tree fix, when you put in hidden caps and dont think anyone will notice. Even if not intentional, there is no way you were not aware of it. Either way you should have seen fit to notify the community. So now I can only conclude that I have to go back on all my ships and skills and look for hidden caps that are a total waste of points. I dont suppose your going to pay for the respecs for me to have to go back on all my toons and check and see if I have a ton of wasted skill points due to hidden caps?

Now I for one dont mind the caps, what I do mind is you letting me waste skill points then charging me real money to respec to fix it.

From my point of view right now, you didnt fix the skill tree, you just moved stuff around and capped the end result. So regardless of what people do, they still wound up with the same total. and still wind up with skill points in skills that are useless.

Now I will give you the benefit of the doubt, if this is not true, explain to me why my stats are not improving. these Stats include Hull, Turn Rate, and Speed, they are the same now as when I had no skill points in assault cruiser.
Did you try changing maps? Also make sure you are looking at the normal space (not sector space) map. If you put these points in while you were in a normal space map, you might have to change map in order for the values to update.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a visual only bug. I can't see how many points I have left to go to get to the next level since the patch, nor a few other stats that should be fluctuating with modifiers. Something seems to be messed up when respec patch went into effect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
While there may in fact BE some sort of cap, you're probably also looking at a visual bug. Sometimes numbers don't register or change, when in fact they have. There are so many typo's and text glitches ... let's not get into it. Although, my favorite typo/text glitch is when you're told to turn in a mission to so and so, but in reality you have to turn it in to someone else; of which, you'd never know who you have to see unless you asked another player. So you spend an hour or so running around thinking your mission won't clear when, in fact, you're just talking to the wrong person.

gotta love it.
Possible, but since the respec went live i have been keeping a very close eye on value for point used on this particular char. This did not happen till I started putting points in assault cruiser. which leads me to believe I have reached a hidden cap.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
Did you try changing maps? Also make sure you are looking at the normal space (not sector space) map. If you put these points in while you were in a normal space map, you might have to change map in order for the values to update.
I am indeed aware of the the different values in sector and normal space. Not a bad explanation but in this case has no bearing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-29-2010, 10:53 PM
stupid question, but did you file a bug report? While this may be "working as intended" - it might not be. I'd send one off anyway to see what comes from it. Who knows ....
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omadigan View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a visual only bug. I can't see how many points I have left to go to get to the next level since the patch, nor a few other stats that should be fluctuating with modifiers. Something seems to be messed up when respec patch went into effect.
Possibly, but I have no reason to believe they are visual bugs, that just happened to hit once I starting putting points in the assault cruiser skill. Could happen, but Im betting I'm up against a hard cap.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
stupid question, but did you file a bug report? While this may be "working as intended" - it might not be. I'd send one off anyway to see what comes from it. Who knows ....
Yes I did, I'm sure i can expect an answer in a couple weeks if at all. This way is much quicker. Plus I feel others who play should be aware of it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetJingshen
Yes I did, I'm sure i can expect an answer in a couple weeks if at all. This way is much quicker. Plus I feel others who play should be aware of it.
Hopefully it won't take weeks for your ticket ... hopefully. Just many people seem ready to run to the forums as soon as something odd is discovered, only to have the topic flamed and locked by the moderators; while the importance of the subject is lost and nothing is accomplished.