Lt. Commander
# 11
03-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
Hopefully it won't take weeks for your ticket ... hopefully. Just many people seem ready to run to the forums as soon as something odd is discovered, only to have the topic flamed and locked by the moderators; while the importance of the subject is lost and nothing is accomplished.
Agreed, But i think this is some that only Cryptic themselves can answer and others should be made aware of.

If it is true, lots of people are going to be blowing up these forums as soon as they discover it. If it is not, Cryptic needs to respond and let everyone know it is indeed a patch glitch.

It is even possible that they are not aware of it, though that takes a bigger stretch of the imagination. One thing the devs dont strike me as, is being without talent. Though I guess maybe, they might be human
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I would expect an answer tomorrow (at least in forums if this stays on front page). The devs are most likely at home asleep, with only coderanger lurking around, since he never sleeps, just gets more coffee.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omadigan View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a visual only bug. I can't see how many points I have left to go to get to the next level since the patch, nor a few other stats that should be fluctuating with modifiers. Something seems to be messed up when respec patch went into effect.
This was happening as far back as beta. I'd put points into a given skill, and not see any increase at all, or a marginal increase when I got 7 or so ranks in.

There's definitely a point of diminishing returns out there, or there's a really HUGE screwup in how totals are updated. It makes no sense at all, for example, to dump 9 ranks into say 'Starship Sensors' and see a ONE second increase in duration for Jam Sensors.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
A ship cap would be a good thing...or at least an increasingly high resource requirement in skill points to gain a decreasing boost as a result.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
A ship cap would be a good thing...or at least an increasingly high resource requirement in skill points to gain a decreasing boost as a result.
See, I have no trouble if there is indeed a cap. If there is, or it becomes a situation of such dismal diminishing returns, it allows you to put points in skills that will be more beneficial.

At the same time, 3000 points in a RA skill(total possible is only 4500), and no increase in any of the stats is not dismal diminishing returns. It just screams of I have reached a hidden cap and I have to pay for a respec to fix it.

There is no true documentation on any skill in game, Obviously cryptic wants to keep people in the dark. that's fine too, I dont mind discovering new tweaks or the best way to use points. But when your charging real money or 12000 star fleet merits to respec, hiding caps is not customer friendly.

If I misplace a skill, or srew up my tree, I consider that my fault and deserve all the results that causes including having to respec. If cryptic has set me up to make an error with their omissions, then wanting to charge me real money to fix it, well I suppose I consider that an underhanded buisiness deal.

And As I and others have said, it may just be a bug and needs a patch, only the cryptic devs have the answer, whatever it might be.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Were you looking at the numbers while you were in space? I know that as someone with all my science ship skills maxed my hull goes from 27500 to 32 and change, but on the ground looking at the ship stats it still reports 27500.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetJingshen
Yes I did, I'm sure i can expect an answer in a couple weeks if at all. This way is much quicker. Plus I feel others who play should be aware of it.
I hope this gets a quick developer response. This is an issue of import for everyone who plays the game. I appreciate you bringing this up, thank you.

Its late tonight, but this is important, "discuss" something if it starts fallin down the page.

^------------not a bump
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Indeed, why have the skill if its capped before you even put a single point into it tho? Might as well remove the skill from the game if so.

Same point applies to the mysterious DR on single consoles....why bother to have a single console say 25% if it only gives 15%? Might as well have it actually only give 15% and have DR's start on the 2nd added console. Its really bad game design.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetJingshen
Agreed, But i think this is some that only Cryptic themselves can answer and others should be made aware of.
Yes me like yourself would really like to se this one answeared by cryptic, not other members who really dont know anything about this.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Btw way lets se some really patetic consols who doesnt do anything like they should.

lets start with the +30 kinetic damage resistance http://xs.to/image-F491_4BB1AF42.jpg

And the most crappy of them all. crew recovery consols

Here at 50% http://xs.to/image-63F1_4BB1AFA3.jpg
Here at 51.5% http://xs.to/image-DBE2_4BB1AFE3.jpg
And here at 52.9% http://xs.to/image-F818_4BB1B045.jpg

And many others are like this. Dont they understand that things like this just make the player mad