Lt. Commander
# 21
03-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Btw way lets se some really patetic consols who doesnt do anything like they should.

lets start with the +30 kinetic damage resistance http://xs.to/image-F491_4BB1AF42.jpg

And the most crappy of them all. crew recovery consols

Here at 50% http://xs.to/image-63F1_4BB1AFA3.jpg
Here at 51.5% http://xs.to/image-DBE2_4BB1AFE3.jpg
And here at 52.9% http://xs.to/image-F818_4BB1B045.jpg

And many others are like this. Dont they understand that things like this just make the player mad
So very true. Upgrades that arent what they say they are, are confusing and frustrating.

This was not a bump.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Thats pretty bad if they put more caps in. The Admiral skill point cap is bad enough as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Thats pretty bad if they put more caps in. The Admiral skill point cap is bad enough as it is.
We agree? Crazyness :p

That wasnt just a feeble attempt at a bump.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-30-2010, 04:29 AM
a shameless bump to make the devs see this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Well, I am happy to say this looks like a bug. Despite my better judgement, I continued to level up assault cruiser skill to max. Once it reached max everything took a big jump.

Hull went up over 3000, Speed went up almost 2, and turn rate increased .5.

Wether this bug affects everyone and every class of ship, I dont know. But the end result is if you just stick with it, you get what your looking for.

I feel overall, with taking points in all the cruisers skills, that its a win win for players. Total hull is 46739, total flight speed with a mk IX blue combat impulse is 20.38. Total turn rate is 10.4. These numbers are much greater than they were before the patch and skill tree rework. I know because this charecter was a ra 5 tact officer with the same ship before I rerolled her to engineer. flight speed then was around 17.8 with a MK X badge blue combat impulse engine. Turn rate was around 7.5. i just flat dont remember what the hull strenght was, but i have to believe it got the same kind of boost.

So if you noticed what i noticed while skilling up your RA ship skill. Do not worry, even if it does not adjust itself as you go, it will work itself out in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetJingshen
Well, I am happy to say this looks like a bug. Despite my better judgement, I continued to level up assault cruiser skill to max. Once it reached max everything took a big jump.

Hull went up over 3000, Speed went up almost 2, and turn rate increased .5.

Wether this bug affects everyone and every class of ship, I dont know. But the end result is if you just stick with it, you get what your looking for.

I feel overall, with taking points in all the cruisers skills, that its a win win for players. Total hull is 46739, total flight speed with a mk IX blue combat impulse is 20.38. Total turn rate is 10.4. These numbers are much greater than they were before the patch and skill tree rework. I know because this charecter was a ra 5 tact officer with the same ship before I rerolled her to engineer. flight speed then was around 17.8 with a MK X badge blue combat impulse engine. Turn rate was around 7.5. i just flat dont remember what the hull strenght was, but i have to believe it got the same kind of boost.

So if you noticed what i noticed while skilling up your RA ship skill. Do not worry, even if it does not adjust itself as you go, it will work itself out in the end.
Well this still needs clarification imo. Do we not gain anything unless we go 9/9 or is it just a visual bug. Personally i still think something like that is important enough to warrant a developer response to, seeing as quite a few people dont go 9/9 in anything for their adm. skills.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Possibly, but I have no reason to believe they are visual bugs, that just happened to hit once I starting putting points in the assault cruiser skill. Could happen, but Im betting I'm up against a hard cap.
Never heard of Occam's Razor, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I noticed this as well. I am not at 9/9 in assault cruiser yet... but ever point I add to it seems to show no improvements.

I been finding more and more things about this game lately that just annoy and perplex me to no end.

I still like it a lot... just wish it made sense ><
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithToker
Well this still needs clarification imo. Do we not gain anything unless we go 9/9 or is it just a visual bug. Personally i still think something like that is important enough to warrant a developer response to, seeing as quite a few people dont go 9/9 in anything for their adm. skills.
It may well be just a visual bug, and you are indeed getting a slight increase as you go. I was pretty much convinced at the skill 8 i was just wasting my time.But soon as it it maxed it updated, so at least the end result is all good.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
It may well be just a visual bug, and you are indeed getting a slight increase as you go. I was pretty much convinced at the skill 8 i was just wasting my time.But soon as it it maxed it updated, so at least the end result is all good.
Indeed, but the the huge amount of adm. skills and the incredibly limited skill points to put into them, every point can and does matter to me. Dev's any ideas?