Lt. Commander
So i spent some time tonight on the test server in a Sovereign class with 6 anti proton beams flying circles around CE, i did not die, i did not attack fragments, i did not get hit by fragmens. and i can safely say that it is healing it self, by itself. I have seen it dip to 99% then got right back to 100%. on live i have been in groups that do OK, not great, at avoiding death and pelting the boss only for us to maybe get to 98% and heal to full.

It was hard enough prepatch with small shards healing the boss but this is ridiculous. I fully give up on this encounter until it can be killed, there are several other FAs to get gear from at all levels, why this one is made impossible i do not know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2010, 01:15 AM
I think that it regenerates is not new information. You need multiple ships to overcome its regeneration, and you need good tactics and teamwork to avoid the nasty self-healing ability from the large fragments.

WHich is not to say that the CE is not problematic or too difficult, or too easy to break by a single "griefer". (But I think part of that is due to poor communication and teamwork in individual instances.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2010, 01:31 AM
when 10 people cant dps down the heals, thats a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
when 10 people cant dps down the heals, thats a problem.
I took from your post that you were fighting it alone. If that's not the case - don't know, 10 sounds like a good number, but I don't really know. Maybe ensure that everyone has set his weapon energy to max and can actually use the weapons he has. (Unfortunately a problem for cannon users trying to circle the CE.)

This reminds me that I haven't heard of Klingons running the CE so far. Any reports on that?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2010, 08:17 AM
3.5% Every 30 seconds of natural regen.

I can match that with an Admiral Science Ship with a high % sensor scan and strictly offensive loadout. Of course with scramble lock one can fire point blank on it which leads to energy weapons doing more damage.

If you were alone, you should have had NPC ships helping you as well.