Lt. Commander
# 1 Aid the Planet question
03-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Working on a little side project among my characters.

If anyone has some spare time, could you check your old captain's log mission records, and answer me a few questions ...

1- Do all Aid the Planet missions use the keywords "Relief Effort" in their name? And if they don't, what are other keywords they use?

2- Has anyone completed more than 3 Aid the Planet missions on a single character?

My project here is ... I do the missions when I get them. But none of my characters have gotten more than 3 to complete. Ever.

I know a lot of people skip them so I hear they come up quite often. But ... what if you don't skip them? Do them ... and then they stop coming? I haven't gotten one on my Admiral since he was a Commander (and my memory is a little hazy as that mission might have been a Lt. Commander mission that I didn't complete until after becoming a Commander). And my admiral did over 10 exploration missions at Commander (had a bit more than 750 points to spend) ... did 15 on the button at Captain ... and I've done almost 15 now at Admiral. And not gotten any since System N350-X Relief Effort mission on Earthdate 3/5/2010.

My other two characters, both Commanders (one Cmdr 6, the Cmdr 5) haven't gotten any since Lt. Cmdr level. They've done at least 3 mission completes at the Cmdr level.

My brand spanking new Lt. just got his first at Lt. Grade 4. So now I'm trying to chart it and pay closer attention to it.

I think they go away if you do a few of them. That's my theory anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2010, 01:10 AM
I never did them at all, I stopped receiving them after the first nebula or whatever... until the b'tan, where I just got offered one.

Honestly I thought they'd just taken them out of the game because of how crap they are, but then suddenly I get one at RA4...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2010, 02:30 AM
I was banned from doing them after giving 10 shield generators to a load of sithlords on a hidden base.
How was I to know. The guy knew I was Starfleet and asked for help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2010, 06:54 AM
I did 3 as a group, then never did another one. But I still get them offered.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
I've never done one at all. I used to get them about once every 4 or 5 systems I entered. That slowed down, then last night when running them in the Rolar (sp?) Nebula, I got 5 of them out of I think 12 or so. I hadn't seen that many in AGES. But, I skip and retry a new system.
Lt. Commander
# 6 relief effort haters gonna hate
03-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Working on a little side project among my characters.

If anyone has some spare time, could you check your old captain's log mission records, and answer me a few questions ...

1- Do all Aid the Planet missions use the keywords "Relief Effort" in their name? And if they don't, what are other keywords they use?

2- Has anyone completed more than 3 Aid the Planet missions on a single character?

My project here is ... I do the missions when I get them. But none of my characters have gotten more than 3 to complete. Ever.

I know a lot of people skip them so I hear they come up quite often. But ... what if you don't skip them? Do them ... and then they stop coming? I haven't gotten one on my Admiral since he was a Commander (and my memory is a little hazy as that mission might have been a Lt. Commander mission that I didn't complete until after becoming a Commander). And my admiral did over 10 exploration missions at Commander (had a bit more than 750 points to spend) ... did 15 on the button at Captain ... and I've done almost 15 now at Admiral. And not gotten any since System N350-X Relief Effort mission on Earthdate 3/5/2010.

My other two characters, both Commanders (one Cmdr 6, the Cmdr 5) haven't gotten any since Lt. Cmdr level. They've done at least 3 mission completes at the Cmdr level.

My brand spanking new Lt. just got his first at Lt. Grade 4. So now I'm trying to chart it and pay closer attention to it.

I think they go away if you do a few of them. That's my theory anyways.
1: yes
2: yes

ur theory is wrong

both my toons always complete relief efforts, they're easy and really don't ask for much tbh. if you don't have the energy to buy or inventory space to carry the commodities, l2p, you are terribad/pathetically lazy at this game and a disgrace to Starfleet

on my main i've done 179 sets of three exploration missions each (125 in B'Tran alone as of this posting), so that's 537 exploration maps completed to date

my alt is only Cmndr1 so her data isn't gonna help much, but she does need around 1.8k badges for Mk VI exploration gear once she gets enough rank to earn them, so data coming soon

of 537 maps, only 26 of them have been relief efforts
26/537= 0.048417132...
4.8% of all exploration missions are relief efforts according to my data, so probably a 5% chance of drawing a relief effort is what's programmed into the game
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM
I've only ever encountered 2 Relief missions. I don't mind them. However I'm currently Cap 7 and haven't seen one since Lt.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2010, 01:57 AM
My alt is leveled now

leveled via pretty much ALL EXPLORATION

86 exploration sets of 3, lifetime for the alt, so 258 maps

only 5 relief efforts were encountered during that time, all completed

5/258= 0.019379845...

ur theory's still wrong, we're just unlucky that we don't get many more of these easy missions
Lt. Commander
# 9 bump
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
My tac alt is at C6, leveling via exploration still

No data will be released until he's RA3
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Tac's RA5 now.

14 relief efforts out of 303 exploration maps.

14/303 = .04620462...
Closed Thread