Lt. Commander
# 1 Rewarding Exploration
03-30-2010, 02:57 AM
I am unsure where to post feedback on exploration as we seem to lack a sub-forum for it, so it can go here :p

Anyway, it strikes me that badges of exploration should be received upon completing an exploration mission even if we dont have the mission from Lt Grall.

We get skill points and Bridge officer points etc, so why don't we receive the one thing we actually want from exploration missions, this is made even more annoying by the lack of forethought put into the average pricing of equipment bought using these badges, I for example are something like 3 badges short of buying something, at first I thought thats ok I could just go do a single mission and get 15 or so badges for it, but ooh no I have to do 3 missions to get 75 badges, most of which im not going to use... Why? Does this make sense?

It's worth pointing out I have only got to the first two exploration sites (Delta Volanis and Hiromi Cluster I think) and so if this mechanic changes past that point, please let me know

Thanks for reading, feedback appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob593 View Post
It's worth pointing out I have only got to the first two exploration sites (Delta Volanis and Hiromi Cluster I think) and so if this mechanic changes past that point, please let me know
No, it stays that way. But if you just want the exploration badges, there's only a 30 min cooldown, so it's not too hard to finish one series and enter another nearby exploration site and do those, then return to the other, etc.

And probably more often than running the sites for badges, they're being run for mats for crafting. But those guys don't enter the systems usually, as just scanning the anomalies is usually faster.

Note: there is another slight bonus to running the B'Tran cluster sites about once daily. But I'll let you get RA and learn about it yourself so you won't be drooling until then
/B2
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be2
No, it stays that way. But if you just want the exploration badges, there's only a 30 min cooldown, so it's not too hard to finish one series and enter another nearby exploration site and do those, then return to the other, etc.

And probably more often than running the sites for badges, they're being run for mats for crafting. But those guys don't enter the systems usually, as just scanning the anomalies is usually faster.

Note: there is another slight bonus to running the B'Tran cluster sites about once daily. But I'll let you get RA and learn about it yourself so you won't be drooling until then
/B2
Thanks for the response

As it stands I just do the mission and leave it at that, the "exploration" missions aren't interesting or exciting enough for me to bother doing it more than once.

Although maybe that will change when I get to B'tran (If I get to B'tran :p)