Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Chat just stopped working????
03-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Multiple times tonight the chat just stopped working, the other people could hear what i was saying but i couldn't hear my self or them. zoning seemed to fix this. i noticed it during the crystalline entity encounter in sb 24 an don Risa. This is very annoying. another person in my fleet was having the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Is it possible that you are speaking in a channel that you aren't watching at the moment? It is possible to check and uncheck various categories of chat, and customize this based on which chat tab you are looking at. (For example, I generally keep zone chat turned off except for one chat tab.)

If you go into your chat settings, make sure that the channel you are speaking in is visible for the tab you have selected. You can check which channel you are speaking in by looking at the drop-down menu on the bottom left of your chat window.

Also, please submit a Bug Report on this the next time it occurs.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Tried that, i didn't notice it today tho. It was some kind of bug, because i couldn't see any chat at all no fleet, team, zone or local not even npc.
Lt. Commander
# 4 me too
03-31-2010, 05:41 AM
I had the very same problem a few days ago - chat stopped working when I entered a Fleet Action, "Halting the Gorn Advance", and all the text I couldn't see before suddenly appeared after zoning back to sector space. I mentioned it on TTS and #stoqa, and, indeed, there were other players who had noticed the same problem at some time, but didn't bother to report it because they thought it was "just a glitch". I was not able to reproduce the problem by entering the same instance of that Fleet Action, so I didn't /bug it either.

For me, it happened on the day of the chat server maintenance, a few hours BEFORE that maintenance was announced in-game. Next time, I'll /bug it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2010, 01:41 AM
That was happening to me as well but only on Risa.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2010, 04:16 AM
This happened to me, It happened after i tried to Switch instance and the message came up saying no other instances availible. Is reproducable and zoning / relogging seems to make all the missing chat appear again. Couldn't find a bug report so I started one #791833
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Any word on this? Happens to me quite alot when im trying to switch instances to find RP and it happens there isnt any other instances.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2010, 04:46 PM
chat somewhere around here or did he quiet