Lt. Commander
# 11
03-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakensal View Post
Seriously if this is all you can complain about why bother? it doesn't take a genius to figure out what they mean, so quit giving them grief for a typo. I'm sure that you have made little mistakes in your life as well.

As for the maintenance, thanks Cryptic for keeping us informed about what you are doing. Anything that makes the game better is OK by me.
It's not ALL I have to complain about by a longshot, but most of my complaints are sent in via bug/feedback requests instead of on the forums.

And yes, I make mistakes, and I realize that everyone does. But I also try to learn from them. Considering this is the third time (by a quick skim of the forums, there might be more) they've had a date/time mismatch in a public announcement, I'm helping them learn from theirs.

Whgile the body of the message does relay their intentions, the title of the thread has two incorrect dates listed. So if someone is just skimming for information (and a lot of people do, judging from zone chat) they'll be misinformed.

Communication, while fairly constant (which is commendable), needs to be clear.

Also, I did say "please," so it's not advisable to assume that I have some attitude or beef with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-30-2010, 10:13 AM
I am fairly sure, IndigoFyre is a Q.

There is more trouble with dates to be had, if your not used to having to comply with them, on a day to day basis.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes that is my bad.

In my hurry to get the announcement up I put 10/31 instead of 3/31.

What is 7 months between pals right?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
Yes that is my bad.

Thanks. I'll still be around in October, just to keep your calendar honest. In the meantime, you should probably take time to stop and smell the flowers.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
Yes that is my bad.

Haha, don't worry guys, it was just a minor temporal disturbance. Starfleet Department of Temporal Investigations is on it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-30-2010, 11:10 AM
And then you go back to fix your typo and add the missing 's' to your response??? UNACCEPTABLE!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

<--- The presence of a smiley indicates the use of humor. Please don't ban me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifox View Post
I am fairly sure, IndigoFyre is a Q.

There is more trouble with dates to be had, if your not used to having to comply with them, on a day to day basis.
Hahaha, you're close, but he's not quite that powerful, and he only comes out at night. Indigofyre is Korgano.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Hahaha, you're close, but he's not quite that powerful, and he only comes out at night. Indigofyre is Korgano.
Vampire Q? Me like. :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Haha, don't worry guys, it was just a minor temporal disturbance. Starfleet Department of Temporal Investigations is on it.
I have been assigned community service ...

.... in the past ...

.... building pyramids ...
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Where I work we operate real spaceships. And we always use GMT when discussing time.

If anyone wants to know what that means in his/her own local time, it's his/her responsible to work that out.

Space dragons might want to consider such a simple approach for future posts.

I'm just sayin'....