Lt. Commander
# 1 lol hilarious error with UI
03-28-2010, 11:18 AM

I believe many of you have noticed this when you mouse over the devuff that occasionally pops up with disruptors: It causes a Disruptor Beach to form on your starship. How's THAT supposed to work? Is it a beach made entirely out of disruptor beams? Possibly. Is it a simplee grammatical error? Nah, that'd never happen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2010, 03:41 PM
"Disruptor Beach" ... sounds like a resort on Risa, specifically catering for Klingon and Romulan tourists.
It must be right next to the Cardassian tourists' Torture Bay and the Gorns' Smashface Valley.

Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Or maybe near the Bajoran Ridge? (too much of a stretch? )

I'll forward this on to our spelling czar.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I'll forward this on to our spelling czar.
I hope your spelling Czar lectures you on the preferred spelling of Tzar. (note preferred not correct)

Dictionary quote
Quote:
tsar is preferred by most scholars of Slavic studies as a more accurate transliteration of the Russian and is often found in scholarly writing with reference to one of the Russian emperors
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2010, 05:46 AM
it's obvious that somoene chose the 'Disruptor Beach' scenario on the holodeck, which causes a overload (seriously, how could any ship handle a whole room filled with waves of disruptor fire/plasma/whatever?) and wreaks havoc on the systems.

be glad it doesn't shut down the whole ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
I guess devuff is desound dedog makes?