Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2010, 12:54 PM
but that means spending more money for the game when i already have it. besides, if i do get a new game can i install it over my exhisting one..or what would be the best way to do that..I do see it on sale at best buy..
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
The Wrath of Kahn uniform codes can be found online, ToS were also being given away as part of a promotion for Massively I believe (not sure), Del Taco has a pet shuttle you were able to get not sure if that promotion is still out there either.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
The TOS were given away on Massivly? I didn't see it in my options..my friend bought the game for me at target...so i don't think it was any special edition..would it be against the rules to use the code from the internet and not from a product?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala
The TOS were given away on Massivly? I didn't see it in my options..my friend bought the game for me at target...so i don't think it was any special edition..would it be against the rules to use the code from the internet and not from a product?
If you use the codes from a legit source (Massively, Beckett's, Del Taco) then no, it's not against the rules.

If you bought the code from ebay or something similar, then yes it would be against the rules.

The TOS uniforms are still being giving away from Massively,...afaik. If you poke around these forums, you'll find an thread about it.

And since you're new, I guess we should explain.

The TOS uniforms were part of the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game. Before launch, Cryptic advertised it as an "exclusive" ( http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives )...and even went as far to say that the "exclusive" items wouldn't be available anywhere else for a very long time.

Then they turned around 3 weeks after launch and started to hand out the TOS uniforms., thus cheapening the value of the DDE, and going back on what they said.

And of course, Cryptic hasn't bothered to acknowledge the issue.

So that's is why you are getting some of the responses you are getting. Some of us bought the DDE instead of other editions just for the TOS....then Cryptic started to hand them out for free. Actually, it's even worse then that...Cryptic gave the codes to other companies to make money off of it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2010, 05:12 PM
thank you for the insight...i will try to find the codes from legit source. I still might buy the Best of Next Gen vol 2...i forgot..what comes in that one? Also, If i was to go out and buy the collectors edition would it just put the codes in or would i have to start from scratch?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2010, 05:25 PM
I think the blue-ray's give you the code for the Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform.

But that code is generic...one code for all: JIN MUSHA SOH

Don't say I never gave you anything.

As far as the CE, if you bought it all you would have to do is enter the codes....I don't think you have to start over.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raath View Post
I think the blue-ray's give you the code for the Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform.

But that code is generic...one code for all: JIN MUSHA SOH

Don't say I never gave you anything.

As far as the CE, if you bought it all you would have to do is enter the codes....I don't think you have to start over.
Heres what you do:

1) Login to STO website
2) go to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
3) enter the code in Raaths post and confirm it
4) go to http://www.massiveonlinegamer.com/game-code and sign up for an account
5) Log into massiveonlinegamer and click generate code
6) go back to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate and enter that code.

Instant TOS and Khan uniforms. Thats it for bonuses apart from the del taco shuttle which im not sure you can get anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Waitwaitwait...

So, it's not against the rules to use the Khan code if someone doesn't buy a product?
Then again, I guess they would have no way of determining if someone bought it or not since it's generic...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
thank you everyone for your help...if i do get the collectors edition, i hope that it just activates certain things and i don't totally have to start over...does the liberated borg come with the collectors edition or the lifetime subscription...again..can't thank you all enough...
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala
Greetings everyone,

I have been wanting to find some of the uniform options and other stuff that people have been putting in to magazines and other place. I have heard the following and where can i find it.

Beckett magazine--with spock on the cover.
Best of Next Generation Vol 2--this can only be found online and it doesn't mention anything about STO
TOS vol 3 blue ray

I was lucky to get the game from a friend but he didn't know about the collectors edition and i am not willing to shell out the $300 for a lifetime just yet..but i still would like to get some of the cool treasures..help a fellow captian out...
Gamestop Collector's Edition is $59.99 and comes with 90 days game time (30 days from game key + 60 day game card)

Contains a Communicator pin, artbook / manual, custom holding case, and in game you get the TNG and DS9 Uniforms + the Red Matter Capacitor.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=75981

All you have to do is make sure you are logged in and ther the game key and game card key and it will apply to your current account.. nothing on your account that you already have will be touched.. You just get the extras added on.

Also since it is Gamestop, it puts the TOS Connie Starter ship on your account as well

This deal is online and in store.. so if you want to take advantage of it quickly.. just stop by your local Gamestop.