Lt. Commander
# 21
03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala
thank you everyone for your help...if i do get the collectors edition, i hope that it just activates certain things and i don't totally have to start over...does the liberated borg come with the collectors edition or the lifetime subscription...again..can't thank you all enough...
Liberated Borg was ONLY for pre-order lifers. Those of us who signed up after the game launched (me) only get the "no more monthly payments" thing.

Also, if you buy CE, it adds stuff to the "Special Unlocks" section of the C-Store. You can add them to existing characters. And, in case you are wondering, the Special Unlocks section contains free stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicJustice
Liberated Borg was ONLY for pre-order lifers. Those of us who signed up after the game launched (me) only get the "no more monthly payments" thing.

Also, if you buy CE, it adds stuff to the "Special Unlocks" section of the C-Store. You can add them to existing characters. And, in case you are wondering, the Special Unlocks section contains free stuff.
Actually, with the current Lifetime Subscription, you get the Captain's Table, Lifetime Com Badge, and in game "Career Officer" custom title. Plus you can choose to set your forum name Blue.

However you are correct about the Pre-Order Lifetime Subscriptions.. they got the Liberated Borg Character Creation which is no longer available (ended Feb. 1, 2010).
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Actually, with the current Lifetime Subscription, you get the Captain's Table, Lifetime Com Badge, and in game "Career Officer" custom title. Plus you can choose to set your forum name Blue.

However you are correct about the Pre-Order Lifetime Subscriptions.. they got the Liberated Borg Character Creation which is no longer available (ended Feb. 1, 2010).
Oh, yeah! I forgot about those. I hate having a virus...
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-01-2010, 12:31 AM
again thank you for the tips..perhaps i will just fork over the money for the CE and get the cool unlock stuff. I wish i could get the borg stuff..anyway..i did subscribe to the Massivly site and got the TOS costumes..

again. Thank you all for replying to this thread and helping me be more informed.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raath View Post

Then they turned around 3 weeks after launch and started to hand out the TOS uniforms., thus cheapening the value of the DDE, and going back on what they said.
Here is another alergic to looking up the Facts.

Fact #1) the TOS Uniform was never given out 3 weeks after launch.. the TOS Uniform has only been available in the DDE until about a week ago, then it appeared in Becket's magazine and then on Massively as a Promo.

Fact #2) The so called giveaway was Pre-Order people crying that Atari made a game sale 3 weeks after launch that offered the Regular Edtition of the game for a limited time (5 days) for $10 of the normal price but included a 60 day game card with the package. Basically people were able to buy it and get a total of 90 days game time. People cried because Open Beta, Head Start, Pre-Order exclusive Perks from retailer weren't enough with their included 30 day game time.. What made it worse is that they could have bought the package for $40 and saved $5 off a 3 months subscription.. But not many use their heads or think.. they just rage out. People's crying got the sale ended 3 days early, howevere those that bought the package still got the game time.. so the crying made little to no difference except for the sale ending early. Remember only 1 retailer had this deal.. the Atari site itself. No one else offered it.

Now for another fact that hasn't been mentioned much is that Atari and Gamestop have a similar deal going on right now..

You can buy the Collector's Edition from Gamestop for $20 off and get an additional 60 day game card for free.

So that would be $59.99 for 90 days, TNG Uniforms, DS9 Uniforms, Red Matter Capacitor, and since the Retail code is tied to Gamestop you also get the TOS Connie.. plus the physical package includes the Communicator badge, artwork book / user manual and 3 of the 10 day buddy key passes..

No one crying out about it currently and the game has only been live 2 months.. but many shed salty crocodile tears 3 weeks out for the exact same deal only on Regular Edition for $10 off instead of $20 like the current offer has..

Imagine that.. No one crying..

I never had a problem with the promotion or game time.. I got plenty of extras before the server went live.. so I wasn't worried about a simple promotional sale.. but I loved watching everyone crying and crying and crying.. Tears taste good.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-01-2010, 02:24 AM
People whine over anything. The TOS uniform is only one out of six DDE buyer perks... $1.67 worth of intangible stuff. It'd be like if Cryptic gave away the Lifetime Subscriber Combadge to anyone out there... I really wouldn't give a flying F about it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-01-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranRich View Post
People whine over anything. The TOS uniform is only one out of six DDE buyer perks... $1.67 worth of intangible stuff. It'd be like if Cryptic gave away the Lifetime Subscriber Combadge to anyone out there... I really wouldn't give a flying F about it.
Thats because it looks like someone sneezed on our uniform. If anyone is a Blackadder fan it reminds me of a brooch of the purest green!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Here is another alergic to looking up the Facts.

Fact #1) the TOS Uniform was never given out 3 weeks after launch.. the TOS Uniform has only been available in the DDE until about a week ago, then it appeared in Becket's magazine and then on Massively as a Promo.

Fact #2) The so called giveaway was Pre-Order people crying that Atari made a game sale 3 weeks after launch that offered the Regular Edtition of the game for a limited time (5 days) for $10 of the normal price but included a 60 day game card with the package. Basically people were able to buy it and get a total of 90 days game time. People cried because Open Beta, Head Start, Pre-Order exclusive Perks from retailer weren't enough with their included 30 day game time.. What made it worse is that they could have bought the package for $40 and saved $5 off a 3 months subscription.. But not many use their heads or think.. they just rage out. People's crying got the sale ended 3 days early, howevere those that bought the package still got the game time.. so the crying made little to no difference except for the sale ending early. Remember only 1 retailer had this deal.. the Atari site itself. No one else offered it.

Now for another fact that hasn't been mentioned much is that Atari and Gamestop have a similar deal going on right now..

You can buy the Collector's Edition from Gamestop for $20 off and get an additional 60 day game card for free.

So that would be $59.99 for 90 days, TNG Uniforms, DS9 Uniforms, Red Matter Capacitor, and since the Retail code is tied to Gamestop you also get the TOS Connie.. plus the physical package includes the Communicator badge, artwork book / user manual and 3 of the 10 day buddy key passes..

No one crying out about it currently and the game has only been live 2 months.. but many shed salty crocodile tears 3 weeks out for the exact same deal only on Regular Edition for $10 off instead of $20 like the current offer has..

Imagine that.. No one crying..

I never had a problem with the promotion or game time.. I got plenty of extras before the server went live.. so I wasn't worried about a simple promotional sale.. but I loved watching everyone crying and crying and crying.. Tears taste good.
Here's another example of poor reading comprehension.

Fact 1: Oh...you got me! They didn't give them out 3 weeks after launch...it was 6...my bad.

Fact 2: No one, except for you, was even talking about "salegate".

You're right, there hasn't been much mention of the recent sales...then again, no one was talking about that in this thread.

Care to pick out another line out of my post and debate it by using completely irrelevant subjects?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-05-2010, 06:18 PM
so my son and my mom got me the CE for my birthday..i just have to put in the game key codes correct? i shouldn't have to put the DVD rom on the drive. and the code that i got on the game stop reciept right..i saw on the website that it was cryptic points that gamestop was giving and not the Connie ship like it says on the box.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala
so my son and my mom got me the CE for my birthday..i just have to put in the game key codes correct? i shouldn't have to put the DVD rom on the drive. and the code that i got on the game stop reciept right..i saw on the website that it was cryptic points that gamestop was giving and not the Connie ship like it says on the box.
Nope. Just go to your account page and kick in the code. After that, any unlocks you're entitled to will appear in the C-Store.

Now that I think about it, you can probably do the same thing from the 'Redeem your code' link on the main STO website, just be sure you're logged into your account first.