Lt. Commander
# 1 Transphasic Torpedos...
04-02-2010, 03:11 AM
I finally reached tier 3 tactical in Memory Alpha. I was looking forward to seeing what this tier had to offer. I would have been happy with Rare Quantum Mk VIII at the very least. What did I find instead?

Transphasic Torpedos.... Blah.

I wanted to like them. I actually enjoyed ST-Voyager's last episode when they used these to annihilate a borg cube in one shot. So what gives? Why must they suck so bad?

Bleed-through is a cool idea, but as it stands I have yet to see it out perform a quantum burst of the same number in any way. Even a fully shielded target tends to take more hull damage from a quantum burst since most of the time you blast through a single shield. (Especially in PvP settings.)

As it stands they also have a longer cool-down than quantums. I could live with lower DPS because of longer cooldown, but why does this torpedo suck so bad?

Increase the base damage. Nothing too fancy. A Mk VIII transphasic should do at least as much DPS as a MK VI quantum. I shouldn't be taking a downgrade when I replace my commander VI quantums.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I have posted a bug report in the forums. Seems that transphasic torpedoes do not receive any extra dmg, when you use HYT but actualy malus. Compared to quantums, which gets bonus.

Transphasic are the weakest dps torps in game, and the 30% bleedthrough just doesnt cut it.