Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Ground Skills
03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction for a nice mix of BO's skills for ground combat. Since, this is my first time ever seeing them other than on my bridge, I never cared what skills they had for ground combat.

i.e.
Recommended Skills for a ground

Tac -
Sci -
Eng -

I imagine the best weapons would be lots of AoE since it seems PvE is all packs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 03:09 AM
I haven't tried it, but I think BOs can't use melee weapons. Don't bother to give them a Bat'Leth, they will just stand around.

Tac: I like Draw Fire and the martial arts attacks (Lunge). I'd stay away from the grenades, they tend to set yourself on fire, too. BOs throw them, no matter where you or other allies are. Stealth Module seems a bit pointless.

Eng: Well, technically, all the fabricated stuff is nice, I especially like things like Shield Generator. Not sure if the bug is fixed tho. Bug = BO drops generators and turrets whenever the cooldown is over, also outside of any battle (and missions without enemies). Gets annoying like hell; the spammed items will show as "ally" on the minimap. Weapons Malfunction is a good skill to start with.

Sci: Tachyon Harmonic for shield debuff, or Medical Tricorder for healing.

Edit: Do not give them anything. No shield charges, hypos or food. They use it instantly, even if they are on full health/shields. The skill Combat Supply can take care of them, it generates a temp item of each category. Should be a Tac skill.
Also, give the BOs Expose weapons, anything wide spread or auto (at least that works best for me, phaser auto rifles); and have a exploit weapon yourself (split beam; or sniper). I have never ever seen a BO exploit, so I assume they can't do it, or ignore it like other abilities except the skills. (Vulcans don't do nerve hold, telekinetic BOs don't knockback and so on).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 05:02 AM
dedicate 1 as "healer", don't forget to set on "passive mode".
stay away from "granades" or the "cover shield" stuff.
equip with latest shielding / armor / weapon.

It seems not much of a muchness, what you are give to them as skills, as long as you always raise them
towards there maximum avail rank.

Point them in the right direction, go for a break and collect the rubish, aka loot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Very helpful, Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Bad BO skills:
All Eng turrets except maybe phaser.
Any melee skills - leg sweep, lunge

Arguably the best is one Sci healer, and everyone else forced to just shoot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Have to correct myself, Combat Supply isn't tac, its eng. Its still a good skill, because it isn't bugged. I replaced a medical generator with it because I was annoyed by my BO spamming it like insane, and I notice no difference. My BOs still use what they can get as soon as they can, and the eng BO creates new supplies as soon as he can. A really beautiful symbiosis.

Sci, Stasis Field can help with crowd control. Simply freeze half of the enemies, also gives you the time to get close and use the Bat'Leth. Very useful against Combat Engineers; they recharge their shields like crazy and the Bat'Leth goes through the shields.