Lt. Commander
# 1 Tuning Feedback for THE CURE
03-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Ok, we tried that yesterday (and ultimately failed at the 4 generators), but I want to give my feedback nonetheless:

1) Space part: Well, easy, but I guess its supposed to be.

2) Ground part: As in infected, TOO MUCH GRIND. I understand that trash groups are relevant for any raid(isode) but endless slaughter of always the same Borg is boring. If you succeed killing the first 2 groups, then killing the rest is just a matter of investing time. That is dull.

3) 3 Generators spawning Borg: We wiped one time, then succeeded. I found this exciting!

4) 4 generators: We tried. We REALLY tried. Used tactics we invented ourselves, used tactics from the forum, but we were overwhelmed in each case (not true: in one case we killed more borg but the timer ran out).

Propositions:
1) Instead of *some* Borg Trash, put something different in there. Automated defense systems for example
2) Reduce the amount of Borg spawned after acivating each generator OR increase the amount of time players have till a generator resets.

1) would make the mission more interesting, 2) would make it "hard but doable" - and since itīs a daily mission with really no better rewards than from any token-vendor that wouldnt be that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Trash groups are there for one reason, to waste a player's time. I found it insulting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 01:16 AM
yeah, but I also know Raids that are without trash groups. And they ARE boring. Just Boss after Boss after Boss. Additionally: totally unrealistic.

Therefore I find trash to be useful. But you have to walk a thin line else it gets boring as hell. It tends to to that in these STF.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Question for you. Did all the transformers work properly?

When we run the Cure a few days ago. After 2 attempts, the 3rd transformer bugged out on us. Let me explain.

Every transformer up until then would glow green when you activated it. After 20 seconds the workers and a group of borg with an interlink would spawn. But after the second attempt, the 3rd transformer would bugged out and once activated, would insta spawn and the person covering it would get overwhelmed. After a few more attempts, we gave up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 05:44 AM
EikoMaubee, never had that bug happen to me. But once there spawned no node plus drones at transformer one, just two workers.

Dunnagh, the first time I tried "The Cure" we gave up on the the four transformers, eventually, after trying for what felt like over two hours. On the tribble weekend event, that was.
The next time we tried it still took us rougly 1 1/2 hour to improve our tactics... but it worked! And once you figured out your own procedure of how to do it, you have something to rely on when you get there again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnagh View Post
Ok, we tried that yesterday (and ultimately failed at the 4 generators), but I want to give my feedback nonetheless:

1) Space part: Well, easy, but I guess its supposed to be.

2) Ground part: As in infected, TOO MUCH GRIND. I understand that trash groups are relevant for any raid(isode) but endless slaughter of always the same Borg is boring. If you succeed killing the first 2 groups, then killing the rest is just a matter of investing time. That is dull.

3) 3 Generators spawning Borg: We wiped one time, then succeeded. I found this exciting!

4) 4 generators: We tried. We REALLY tried. Used tactics we invented ourselves, used tactics from the forum, but we were overwhelmed in each case (not true: in one case we killed more borg but the timer ran out).

Propositions:
1) Instead of *some* Borg Trash, put something different in there. Automated defense systems for example
2) Reduce the amount of Borg spawned after acivating each generator OR increase the amount of time players have till a generator resets.

1) would make the mission more interesting, 2) would make it "hard but doable" - and since itīs a daily mission with really no better rewards than from any token-vendor that wouldnt be that bad.
Im glad you tried it but dont you think you should try a few more times before you disect it and lower the bar?.

Th whole of the cure is doable in a hour, i have done it in 1hr 7 mins 7 secs and i know that with the right team we can improve on that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 06:44 AM
1) The Borg that spawn from the transformers should not spawn with a node or at the very least remove the Elite drones.

Trying to keep the chain going while taking fire from multiple elites AND stopping the workers, AND dealing with fuse armor, dot or plain assimialtion holds is extremely tedious.

1 - 2 Elites for the final stage of the transformers - fair enough, 1 for each one + dealing with the support is pushing it to excess.

2) Borg Boss

The cover shield / forcefield stuff needs to be removed. There is no ******n way its reasonable to have the environment stop players from using their abilities yet the Borg somehow can use theres. Even worse, the amount of spam of these things is beyond excessive.
The cover shields I could MAYBE live with but the forcefields were just too much. Getting pushed all over the place after each shot by these things is a lesson in futility.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
1) The Borg that spawn from the transformers should not spawn with a node or at the very least remove the Elite drones.

Trying to keep the chain going while taking fire from multiple elites AND stopping the workers, AND dealing with fuse armor, dot or plain assimialtion holds is extremely tedious.

1 - 2 Elites for the final stage of the transformers - fair enough, 1 for each one + dealing with the support is pushing it to excess.

2) Borg Boss

The cover shield / forcefield stuff needs to be removed. There is no ******n way its reasonable to have the environment stop players from using their abilities yet the Borg somehow can use theres. Even worse, the amount of spam of these things is beyond excessive.
The cover shields I could MAYBE live with but the forcefields were just too much. Getting pushed all over the place after each shot by these things is a lesson in futility.
1. Do not shoot at the combat drones at transformer 3 and use stategically placed turrets placed BEFORE you activate transformer 3 to pull the drones aggro at transformer 3 away from you, if the elites do aggro you knock them down like the workers as they cannot shoot you if they are on their ass and a single player cannot kill a elite fast anyway.

2. The ground boss is easy and can be solo'd by a medic with a basic batleth just get a shot in when you can and keep the respawns away from him.

PS: Jumping at just the right time and spotwhen the boss puts up a force field gives a very entertaining BOING!!! effect:p..........although screwing around like that during a boss fight and trying to fly has been known to irritate other members of your team.:p
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Well Dunnagh, I think the key ingredient we were missing yesterday was full voice comms. Tried again today with Bobkyou, and a few others from the fleet using vent. The strategy remained exactly the same, but I think that little extra time it takes to type something out over just saying it made a big difference. Also knowing that everyone in the team is focused by these means is a huge plus.

I still think the transformer mechanic needs some tweaking (It still just comes down to luck sometimes the way aggro locks onto, and won't let go of people sometimes for no apparent reason) but I won't be doing this STF again without full voice comms.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
1. Do not shoot at the combat drones at transformer 3 and use stategically placed turrets placed BEFORE you activate transformer 3 to pull the drones aggro at transformer 3 away from you, if the elites do aggro you knock them down like the workers as they cannot shoot you if they are on their ass and a single player cannot kill a elite fast anyway.

2. The ground boss is easy and can be solo'd by a medic with a basic batleth just get a shot in when you can and keep the respawns away from him.

PS: Jumping at just the right time and spotwhen the boss puts up a force field gives a very entertaining BOING!!! effect:p..........although screwing around like that during a boss fight and trying to fly has been known to irritate other members of your team.:p
This.

I used Kors guide when we did our run, did it in just shy of 3 hours, we had a couple of wipes on the transformers, but got em down nicely in the end.

I reckon we can get that time right down now that we know what we're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Well Dunnagh, I think the key ingredient we were missing yesterday was full voice comms. Tried again today with Bobkyou, and a few others from the fleet using vent. The strategy remained exactly the same, but I think that little extra time it takes to type something out over just saying it made a big difference. Also knowing that everyone in the team is focused by these means is a huge plus.

I still think the transformer mechanic needs some tweaking (It still just comes down to luck sometimes the way aggro locks onto, and won't let go of people sometimes for no apparent reason) but I won't be doing this STF again without full voice comms.

And yes full voice comms is a massive advantage, we use Vent for our raids and being able to adjust your tactics on the fly with a quick yell really makes the difference