Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
It's target shield subsytems.. They drain your shield power so ur shields just go down. Even if u have RSP on, it doesn't do anything. You either have to give full power to shields, pop emergency power to shields or eat a shield battery or do all of it at the same time.
Again, THE SHIELDS REMAIN UP THE WHOLE TIME.

I will admit however that it is possible there is a visibility glitch not showing our shields as actually down, OR a possibility that the shield power is low but not low enough to actually remove the shields.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd like to make a suggestion, though I haven't tested it in a group level.

Fire on my Mark 3 (stacked 2 or 3 times on you)

Attack pattern Beta 3 (I believe that's the debuff to resistance, stacked 2 or 3 times)

Multiple disrupter (or was it plasma?) resistance debuffs.

All of these combining to lower your resistance way into the negative numbers. I've used this solo in pve and notice my bleedthrough damage triple. Now imagine if several people do it to the same target. While using antiproton weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Shield power does not affect the amount of damage that bleeds through your shields, only the rate of regeneration. You could have 1 shield power, but your shields won't fall until their strength on any given facing is depleted. That's not the issue.

TSS and similar skills don't drain your shield power for very long. It's conceivable that your shields are only dropping for a split second, but if you're taking heavy fire from multiple enemy ships even half a second without shields can lead to major hull damage - especially if you get tagged by a torp in that amount of time.

The best thing to do when this happens to you is take 10 minutes to eyeball your combat log and figure out what it was that did all the damage.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
Shield power does not affect the amount of damage that bleeds through your shields, only the rate of regeneration. You could have 1 shield power, but your shields won't fall until their strength on any given facing is depleted. That's not the issue.

TSS and similar skills don't drain your shield power for very long. It's conceivable that your shields are only dropping for a split second, but if you're taking heavy fire from multiple enemy ships even half a second without shields can lead to major hull damage - especially if you get tagged by a torp in that amount of time.

The best thing to do when this happens to you is take 10 minutes to eyeball your combat log and figure out what it was that did all the damage.
Here's hoping I have this happen again tonight so I can see it in the logs again. I swear I looked through those things for 30 min and saw nothing that said "here is where you were killed by a big bad thing"

...which actually supports the idea that this is 5 Battle Cruisers mounting nothing but Plasma Arrays and simply stacking 3x5 or more arrays on me at once, resulting with 15+ dots ticking off my hull like a blow torch through paper.

Going to be an amusing night of hard liquor and in-depth parser analysis...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2010, 05:41 PM
All good input guys, whish I had the answer.

TO add to the conversation,
- only way it is tss is if my display is bugged on showing the sields down, but I have seen tss take down my shields many times and survived, this is like my sields dont exist at all fighting these guys. Yes I have alot of skills going to keep my shields functioning.
- Yes, it is an organized group with alot of crusiers that is for sure, and only happens fighting a group like that.
- In a battle against these group it happens alot and consistantly, so it is not lucky strikes.
- I have had a 3 on 1 (me being the 1) do this to me, but at a little slower rate, and I think a 1 on one do it to me. So does not take 5+ guys hitting me.

If it is an exploite which I hope not, it is a major 1, if it is really smart game play, then it is game altering. Once known everyone will likely have to do it to compete making shields alittle irrelivant?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2010, 07:52 PM
check your log it would show as a massive plasma fire damage in the combat log from what i have tested though max dps i could get from plasma fire dot from one ship was 140 per second so with 5 ships that could be 700 per second. if they all proc plasma torpedos can add to this proc for one ship not much but a little.
if you use a log parser you should be able to tell the damage listed as Plasma Fire. see these numbers match up.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Again, THE SHIELDS REMAIN UP THE WHOLE TIME.

I will admit however that it is possible there is a visibility glitch not showing our shields as actually down, OR a possibility that the shield power is low but not low enough to actually remove the shields.
Yes I've had this happen too. The shields NEVER go down. There's something fishy about it no question. Either a bug or glitch. Also noticing that I hit specials, the cool down timer goes off on them, but the special doesn't fire. Still not as annoying as having full shields but having attackes somehow go through them into your hull.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM
"Incidentally, it'd sure be nice if the combat log had an option to filter out everything except for damage done by me or to me. It's nearly impossible to glean useful data without a third party parser, which is stupid."

Right click combat log and only select that option.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
I had the same thing happen to me as the OP. Shields at mostly full. No flicker of the shields as with when hit by TSS. Hull goes from 98% to 38% to 0 in 3 secs. And it wasn't FBP as i had all turrets and a single cannon fitted. Shield still same level. I couldn't understand what hit me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Couldn't this be the overwhelming number of tetryon turrets? Turrets shoot faster than any other cannon type. Couple that with cannon rapid fire, more than one turret per ship, more than one ship, and the tetryon chance per shot to drain shields this could make for near instant shield vaporization yes?

Or if its not actually Tet turrets that were witnessed, whatever the type that has a chance to shield bypass.