Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-31-2010, 06:06 AM
Yeah, it's the first STF in the middle of leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I recently ran into this problem also, but a little bit of patience paid out in the end. It's not the ideal solution, but it works, and finishes the mission.

Firstly, make sure your captain has hypos and shield charges. You'll need them.

Next, start the ground part of the mission and activate the transporter. Then, wait where you end up. Yes, wait. Your bridge officers will eventually got nuts-bezerk and run to reach you, jumping through some of the gaps in the shield. They'll approach you, and then engage the Hirogen watching from outside of the shield. If you've equipped and skilled them sufficently, they'll eventually take them out and then start running into the shield, trying to get to you.

Now, move your captain in range of the group inside the shield, and take a shot. Then run back to where your boffs are at the shield edge, popping a hypo or charge if needed. Once the hirogen get back in range of you, their attention will split between you and the boffs, since you all generate a similar amount of threat if you aren't shooting. Once you start shooting an enemy, though, his attention will switch to concentrate on you.

So now, you'll not only be able to concentrate your own fire on one enemy whilst your boffs distract the others, only have one or two enemies firing on you at any one time, and your healers can recharge your shields and the like whilst you're fighting - but you'll still need to pop the occasional hypo and charge.

Rinse and repeat for each shield area until you can turn the darn things off.

This should work until a pernament fix can be added.

Have fun - I love the smell of tetryons in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Has this bug been fixed yet? Just started this mission. Beamed to the planet. And my team wouldn't beam with me to the first "test" force field. And as I was about to kill the 6guys there my team managed to break free of the first force field into the open area and started attacking Hirogen that were outside the force fields. Very very odd. Of course they all died and I was left alone...

Is it meant to be a 1 vs. group thing or are you meant to have the away team with you?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2010, 05:31 AM
You are supposed to fight the Hirogen with your away team by your side. The bug is known to the developers by now and they said they will fix it along with the public release of Season 3 in December.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Tried this just now. After soloing the hirogens in the domes and my away team killing the ones outside i'm stuck. I can't activate the last device from what i've read shut the shields down.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Meowies, that's odd, that didn't happen to me. I was always able to cumplete the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Willard, I have the very same problem. In the first dome, I soloed against a gang of Hirogen. Second dome, I had one of my 4 person away team with me. Third dome, I'm on my own, no one shows up, my away team croaks a couple of baddies just outside my dome, then they all break trhough to join me...and we're stuck....the last gadget doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Yep same deal with me. I cant get out of the forcefield area I am in coz the transport device doesnt work.

EDIT: Its the third area I beam into after activating the first transporter.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Can someone replay this mission after the Season 3 patch and post here if there are still any bugs? Also, is the accolade "Making The Rounds" now achievable normally?