Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
Or join a casual fleet that shares your views. They do exist.

I understand people wanting to play solo and fleetless, masters of their own time and destinies, as it were, but the STF's are designed for group play, alot of people prefer playing as a team.
It's not exactly that ppl don't like to team up, its that they can't because of time, waiting for 20mins to find a group and 10 mins for ppl to get there, and maybe an hour to get through, the whole group is screwed if ppl have to leave.

What would it hurt to have a solo version? Ppl who like to group can, and ppl who don't have the time or just don't like to group can solo. Tailor to both sides=better business? /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
It's not exactly that ppl don't like to team up, its that they can't because of time, waiting for 20mins to find a group and 10 mins for ppl to get there, and maybe an hour to get through, the whole group is screwed if ppl have to leave.

What would it hurt to have a solo version? Ppl who like to group can, and ppl who don't have the time or just don't like to group can solo. Tailor to both sides=better business? /shrug

Possibly, I do all my STF runs in fleet, we try to work around the times people can and can't play in order to get more runs. hence why people have said joining a fleet.

I think the problem there is that you'd have to scale the difficulty right down and add in bridge officers, not to mention the fact that you're BO's would be useless at the final boss. Lets face it pathings not exactly one of their strongpoints.

Same with the cure, both have elements that require multiple human interactions. You'd need to make some changes to the encounters they may well have an effect on group play.

Then finally Cryptic have made it eminently clear they don't like us farming the STF's, not that I ever have of course *cough cough*. By making them soloable thats exactly what they would become.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Or join a casual fleet that shares your views. They do exist.

I understand people wanting to play solo and fleetless, masters of their own time and destinies, as it were, but the STF's are designed for group play, alot of people prefer playing as a team.
Joining a group for the fleet missions wasn't so bad. It was the "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" and "DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER" that was the problem. I turned off stuff, remove programs and none of it made a bit of difference. If I had to play on a team, by the time I was loged back in the game had kicked me from the team and I had 60 seconds to leave the map.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer8 View Post
Joining a group for the fleet missions wasn't so bad. It was the "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" and "DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER" that was the problem. I turned off stuff, remove programs and none of it made a bit of difference. If I had to play on a team, by the time I was loged back in the game had kicked me from the team and I had 60 seconds to leave the map.
I'll admit that had to suck, another reason I hate PuG's they're so unreasonable ^^
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
STO is designed very weird , getting to the point that it looks bolted together lol , hats of to Cryptic by letting it be soloable upto end game (very short game lol) , then bang its raids that require partys...... ps the raids suck lol.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Then finally Cryptic have made it eminently clear they don't like us farming the STF's, not that I ever have of course *cough cough*. By making them soloable thats exactly what they would become.
Easy, only able to do it once solo, period, I just want to play them for the story/scene, I could care less if I could do them again for gear and crap.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Easy, only able to do it once solo, period, I just want to play them for the story/scene, I could care less if I could do them again for gear and crap.
That wouldn't solve the problem that the current design wouldn't wok with BOs. To be able to solo a STF with BOs would greatly limit the design possibilities.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2010, 04:44 PM
You dont get much that is any good farming it anyways , let us take our away team with us , that would be fun! way it is now is that the game is fun and relaxing , very enjoyeable , till you get to end game and raids (you get there far to quick) , once you hit the raid part of the game it becomes a chore, for me anyways , i simply do not like the gameplay of the STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelteel View Post
That wouldn't solve the problem that the current design wouldn't wok with BOs. To be able to solo a STF with BOs would greatly limit the design possibilities.
So they would need to implement a way to time pause and issue orders and waypoints to BO's.. Oh noes, that requires new coding, oh wait...

Granted I haven't played Infected yet so I'm not sure what you have to do for the bosses.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
So I would actually have to use time pause and issue waypoints to my BO's? Oh noes, that requires new coding, oh wait...
Well, try to teach your BOs to jump and use 3 consoles simultaneously, then we talk.