Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelteel View Post
Well, try to teach your BOs to jump and use 3 consoles simultaneously, then we talk.
Add a timer to active the consoles in sequence. Same effect? And pfft, BO's can jump 10 feet in the air, I don't think that will be a problem. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Add a timer to active the consoles in sequence. Same effect? And pfft, BO's can jump 10 feet in the air, I don't think that will be a problem. :p
True but they can't move in a straight line to save their life, and they'd need to
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-31-2010, 06:04 PM
It's an MMO. You can't play the whole thing alone. There will continue to be new content that requires teams. This is normal. There will probably also be new content that is soloable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderTheRobot
It's an MMO. You can't play the whole thing alone. There will continue to be new content that requires teams. This is normal. There will probably also be new content that is soloable.
Who says you can't? It's an MMO by the fact that it: Contains an player set economy, places to socialize/chat, endless story progression, and the ability to group. Pretty sure its not set in stone that it MUST contain group only content.

The fact is that a: You must complete Infected to do The Cure, and I'm sure the next missions that come out require The Cure to be competed as well. b: It's only going to get worse as time moves on, less and less players will want to help new ppl through the old content, and I highly doubt there will be enough "new" ppl around to do it with, they come in trickles, not masses. Am I asking for a solo version right now? No, they can wait a few months, but if they wait to long new players are going to be in a crappy position trying to get groups together for "old content".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
It's not exactly that ppl don't like to team up, its that they can't because of time, waiting for 20mins to find a group and 10 mins for ppl to get there, and maybe an hour to get through, the whole group is screwed if ppl have to leave.
Join a fleet.

Give them your availability times.

Work out a time plenty of you are available.

Set a time and place to meet and do the mission together.


You say you do not have much time well joining a fleet lets you arrange things so you make the most of the time you have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kor_Dahar_Master View Post
Join a fleet.

Give them your availability times.

Work out a time plenty of you are available.

Set a time and place to meet and do the mission together.


You say you do not have much time well joining a fleet lets you arrange things so you make the most of the time you have.
Coming from WoW I DO NOT want to go through all the drama of find a guild/fleet again, I'm happily in a mature chat friendly one, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

And your sig is exactly the reason I don't want to get sucked into fleet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Coming from WoW I DO NOT want to go through all the drama of find a guild/fleet again, I'm happily in a mature chat friendly one, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

And your sig is exactly the reason I don't want to get sucked into fleet.
Mines a Mature chat friendly one and we still manage regular runs.

If you're already in one then getting a decent run surely shouldn't be that hard?

or am I missing something here?

Also comparing STF's to WoW raids is a bad idea seeing as they're not really the same, you don;t really need to go through half a ton of grinding for gear to be effective in an STF for a start......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Coming from WoW I DO NOT want to go through all the drama of find a guild/fleet again, I'm happily in a mature chat friendly one, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. .
So you wanna play solo and not join a fleet...................but you are already in one.

?????????????....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
And your sig is exactly the reason I don't want to get sucked into fleet.
I enjoy adapting and over coming what cryptic throws at me and i am happy to share my tactics to help others.

You could try to develop a sense of humor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Your all obviously missing the point, right now its fine, yes, but a month or so down the line everyone will be tired of the "old content" and not bother to help NEW players with "old content" while they're busy farming new content. And seeing as how it is you MUST finish them In order just to move on it is going to be even more of a pain in the rear for NEW players.

Look at WoW, nobody ever does lvl 60\70 raids anymore and here you have this fresh to the game lvl 60\70 who will probably never set foot inside because ppl are off doing the new stuff, true you CAN skip those raids in WoW as they are not chained in the way STO is, yet WoW is even more of a tragedy because here you have this hard worked on beautiful content that just collects dust for the rest of its day, because it can be skipped, yet takes up 8gbs of my hard drive space...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-01-2010, 08:13 AM
sorry it had to be done...............
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.