Lt. Commander
Okay I noticed this a while ago after I check the STO map ingame and another map of the Star Trek galaxy in the Star charts book. There is a smudge on the map that has no indication of faction or any affiliation and is about the same color, size and roughly in the same area as the "First Federation".

Map number one is the one I found in the Star Trek: Star Charts
http://www.rigilkent-online.com/Star_trek_map2.jpg

The second is the ingame map
http://www.caseylacee.com/sto-galaxy-map.jpg

Look on and see where the First Federation is on the first map. Look at the ingame map. Now if you notice there is a brownish tan colored area of space under the words "Alpha Quadrant". This is roughly in the same spot as the First Federation on the star chart is.

You might say that the map evidence does'nt work because on the star chart, the "First Federation" is too far away from Romulan space. While the smudge on the ingame map is skirting the border. Considering that there has never really been an official canon map, then the "First Federation" could be really anywhere.

My second piece of evidence is something a DEV said in this topic on ideas for a new playable faction.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2478384

Now i'm not trying to imply that the "First Federation" will become a playable race, I am however stating that that region space might get sector blocks involving them as a new non-playable faction. So far the design team storywise has had a lot of elements from TOS(City on the edge of forever, doomsday machine, TOS Connie as an exclusive ship, etc.....) and so I think that it is a plausible theory. Also by opening that area of space with sector blocks then it might eventually add planets like Feringar, Tellar and others that are above SOL (and above to the left of it).
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
This is more than evidence! Its FACT
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
This is more than evidence! Its FACT
Well I really hope i'm onto something because it would be cool to get more space to explore and to open up more factions like the Ferengi, and maybe get a chance to vist where the Stargazer was destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Well I really hope i'm onto something because it would be cool to get more space to explore and to open up more factions like the Ferengi, and maybe get a chance to vist where the Stargazer was destroyed.
I agree, but I personally would really love for them to finish the Klingon faction first.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I agree, but I personally would really love for them to finish the Klingon faction first.
true I would hope that they would finish the Klingons out first. However I heard that they would be doing a big patch in the summer where they might try doing a new playable faction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I thought I might bump this up because I did spend some time on this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
That smudge seems to line up more with The Patriarchy on the other map to me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Klingons are of no interest to the majority of players, who want to play as Federation characters. Expand in to the Alpha Quadrant please, I'm running out of things to do!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
Klingons are of no interest to the majority of players, who want to play as Federation characters. Expand in to the Alpha Quadrant please, I'm running out of things to do!
Well they will be expanding the map, but they said before any new factions they're going to finish the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
Well they will be expanding the map, but they said before any new factions they're going to finish the Klingons.
Yep, before any other faction I totally agree with this. However, not before the Federation content is more meaty. Klingons can wait.