Lt. Commander
# 11
03-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Actually, the brown smudge on the game map is where The Patriarchy is located on the large star chart.

The First Federation is above the Ferengi, and is off to the left of Sol and above the Cardassians. It should be "north" of where DS9 is, closer to where the big UFP logo is in the game map.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
Yep, before any other faction I totally agree with this. However, not before the Federation content is more meaty. Klingons can wait.
No.

Feds have some content, Klingon's only just now got Star Clusters... Klingon's need love before your spoiled faction gets more. Don't worry, you will always be mommies favorite, but it is time to at least pretend the step child exists.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Forresto, EXCELLENT call on this one. I dragged both maps into Photoshop and overlaid them on each other and those clouds for First Federation, Ferengi Alliance, and The Patriarchy all match up to the similar dark blotches on the Alpha Quadrant map.

All things considered, they did a great job designing the STO game universe according to the actual galactic map. Even the Klingon, Romulan, and Cardassian empires all match up perfectly to where they should be in the STO map.

Nice to see that they stuck so close to canon on this one, and paid such attention to detail.

I hope they open up those areas so we can get to Delta. Can we get Deltan bridge officers then?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks Kuber.

I do hope a Dev comments on this thread eventually. If one does'nt I won't mind although I really wonder if i'm on the right track with this. I think I am, but after all the years of watching Lost it's made me cautious.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-31-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry for this second bump/ I don't usually bump but I want to make sure this thread does get read.