Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Getting Stuck...
03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
I am really ****ed off.

I keep getting stuck in missions.... and it happens at the most inopportunie moment. It happened just now during a long mission, about 30 minutes of game play, and I had almost competed the mission...

The last target was in sight, about a few feet away, and there was a premium item for me to pick up, and i was totally stuck.

/stuck doesn't work... there are no other instances to change into. Anything i do, requires that I redo the last 30 minutes of gameplay.

I am a lifetime subscriber... and I feel like I wasted my money with this kind of bug.

I have reported this bug mutiple times, and I am not sure they are even able to reproduce it, let alone have a plan to fix it.

Feeling rather fed up right now... This is about the 10th time i've gotten stuck, but this had the worst consequence.

- Daniel
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Do you have any details I can go on to investigate? The mission name, where you were, a bug report number, are all important. Are you having this with just one mission, or are you describing something that's happening on multiple missions?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Do you have any details I can go on to investigate? The mission name, where you were, a bug report number, are all important. Are you having this with just one mission, or are you describing something that's happening on multiple missions?
It happens with any ground play -- these can be missions, or can be PVP.

I have reported this several times... the last time being today.

Tickets I submitted were closed, marked resovled, but there is no resolution for me so far:

#768240, #760921, #760865

The system told me that a bug was submitted for today's problem, but I don't see it in as a ticket in the system. In fact, I was having trouble submitting a ticket as I was able to do previously, asking for GM help (which I never got in a timely enough manner).

One new symptom I noticed in this mission (where I had all 4 of my officers), is that even though I couldn't move about, I could crouch and stand back up. All of my officers followed this comand... Not sure why?
Maybe somehow my character is synced to these NPC's?

This problem though can happen even when it's just my captain playing in PVP.

The mission name is named Moon Patrol, and I believe it was near where you collect a Protomatter Sample. i ended up having to kill virtually all of the Romulans before finding this point... and then was stuck.

Thanks,

- Daniel
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCInVa
It happens with any ground play -- these can be missions, or can be PVP.

I have reported this several times... the last time being today.

Tickets I submitted were closed, marked resovled, but there is no resolution for me so far:

#768240, #760921, #760865

The system told me that a bug was submitted for today's problem, but I don't see it in as a ticket in the system. In fact, I was having trouble submitting a ticket as I was able to do previously, asking for GM help (which I never got in a timely enough manner).

One new symptom I noticed in this mission (where I had all 4 of my officers), is that even though I couldn't move about, I could crouch and stand back up. All of my officers followed this comand... Not sure why?
Maybe somehow my character is synced to these NPC's?

This problem though can happen even when it's just my captain playing in PVP.

The mission name is named Moon Patrol, and I believe it was near where you collect a Protomatter Sample. i ended up having to kill virtually all of the Romulans before finding this point... and then was stuck.

Thanks,

- Daniel
I get this exact thing but only on my engineer. You are rooted to the ground going through a 'typing in the air' motion or something. As you say if you use aim your BO's will crouch etc, but you are routed to the ground. You can use all your abilities but the animation stays as 'typing in the air' or whatever.

I did have it once and only once on my scientist but not sure if it was the same exactly.

Just to add, your BO's will normally follow what you do when entering aim mode, that is supposed to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuhart
I get this exact thing but only on my engineer. You are rooted to the ground going through a 'typing in the air' motion or something. As you say if you use aim your BO's will crouch etc, but you are routed to the ground. You can use all your abilities but the animation stays as 'typing in the air' or whatever.

I did have it once and only once on my scientist but not sure if it was the same exactly.

Just to add, your BO's will normally follow what you do when entering aim mode, that is supposed to happen.
Both glad & sorry to hear that it's happening ot someone else.

It does sound like the exact same issue.

I get this on multiple characters... both Federation and on my Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
LOL

I watched the video in your signature... He's hilarious! LOL
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Both glad & sorry to hear that it's happening ot someone else.

It does sound like the exact same issue.

I get this on multiple characters... both Federation and on my Klingon.
I responded to someone else just the other day who raised a thread with this bug too so it is about and probably quite a bit more widespread than you think. Probably caused by an animation locking up and repeating. You are of course rooted when 'casting' certain 'spells' .
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuhart
I responded to someone else just the other day who raised a thread with this bug too so it is about and probably quite a bit more widespread than you think. Probably caused by an animation locking up and repeating. You are of course rooted when 'casting' certain 'spells' .
True...

Love your avatar by the way! :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
LOL

I watched the video in your signature... He's hilarious! LOL
Aha, at the risk of derailing your thread, yes. He is an actor, that's one of his characters but he pulls it off quite convincingly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Ok, looking at the tickets you submitted on this, I can confirm this is a known issue. It's a very stubborn one we have been trying to figure out, but there is nothing we can do to actually fix it right now. It seems to happen more when using some attacks (such as sniper shot), but that is inconsistent. Something similar happens in Champions (getting stuck in a charge animation, can't move), but the exact trigger for that has remained elusive as well.

I'm sorry the responses you got were not as helpful as they might have been. Unfortunately, though, the only remedy for this happening is to map transfer or log out and back in.