Lt. Commander
# 501
07-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
However ANYONE's voice after hearing it THAT OFTEN (like every 30 seconds) will start getting annoying. They need to lessen the frequency you hear her voice.

You could put the best voice actors in the world in this game and they'd get annoying just the same when spammed like this. :p

Also her voice acting is leagues and bounds better than Zackary's and the other voices in this game (besides Nemoy's).
I dunno ... I bet I could tolerate Patrick Stewart in voice over spam for a good long, long, long, long time.
Lt. Commander
# 502
07-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh so they were intentionally being secretive with status updates in order to surprise us. Oh this is a welcome surprise and addition to the game!
Lt. Commander
# 503
07-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I dunno ... I bet I could tolerate Patrick Stewart in voice over spam for a good long, long, long, long time.
Quoted for 100% truth

If I had to pick the 3 coolest voices in Hollywood I'd have to say (in no particular order):

Sir Patrick Stewart
James Earl Jones
Sean Connery
Lt. Commander
# 504
07-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Nimoy sounds like he is reading from a script
Suits a Vulcan surely
Lt. Commander
# 505
07-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Congratulations go out to Kirkfat and everyone else for supporting this cause! It's really great to see what can be done if we all stand together.

So Kirkfat, who's our next target? I vote for Brent Spiner. We need Data and the Enterprise-E. Make it so!
Lt. Commander
# 506
07-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarianDrakon View Post
Congratulations go out to Kirkfat and everyone else for supporting this cause! It's really great to see what can be done if we all stand together.

So Kirkfat, who's our next target? I vote for Brent Spiner. We need Data and the Enterprise-E. Make it so!
I'm standing by to launch the next phase, but so far I haven't heard back from the actor. I have a plan though. It involves the logical extension of ship interiors, and possibly a mini-game. Stay tuned!
Lt. Commander
# 507
07-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Nimoy always has this scripty sounding thing going on. Just play CivIV for all his quotes. It works for him.
Lt. Commander
# 508
07-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I'm standing by to launch the next phase, but so far I haven't heard back from the actor. I have a plan though. It involves the logical extension of ship interiors, and possibly a mini-game. Stay tuned!
Ooooh if you weren't thinking this your comment brought an interesting idea to my mind. What if Cryptic could get CBS to hand over some of the MILLIONS of Majel Roddenberry-Barrett computer voice clips?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 509
07-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Agreed!
Theres even a canon precedence for that!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L21j1--M4ks
Yes, doo eet!

I love all of the conversation about him doing stuff, sparing with Worf, dating Dax, talking... yet we never see it.

also: moving...
Lt. Commander
# 510
07-24-2010, 08:58 PM
After finally getting home and playin some Dabo (after the huge patch) I gotta say...

GREAT JOB CHASE AND CRYPTIC!!!!
I was expecting maybe half a dozen lines, that's it. So what you guys pulled off is AMAZING with all the tutorials and backstory VOd too!!!
Some people are saying that hearing her talk every 30secs gets annoying... I dunno I find there's enough variety so as not to sound too repetitive... I love it.