Lt. Commander
# 1 Warning: Explosive Tribbles!
03-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey all, I'm probably not the first to spot this, but haven't seen any mention yet so here goes.

A Warning to all KDF Pilots, Tribble Colonies appear to be explosive, while out on patrol in the Eridan Nebula I answered a distress call from a KDF outpost, when the IKS Qutluch arrived in system we witnessed a horror, the whole place had been overun by filthy Tribbles, naturally my warriors and I beamed in to deal with this biological threat with extreme prejudice.

I quickly found the first Tribble colony, the filthy vermin!:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...1-21-59-43.jpg

However as I landed the killing blow, my Batleth sinking gleefully into their accursed fluffy bodies this happened!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...1-21-59-48.jpg

Thats right my fellow Klingon brothers, the whole group exploded. Luckily my superior skill and advanced KDF training allowed me to leap clear in time to avoid lasting damage, further groups were beamed from afar while covered with a dampening field to avoid further needless damage to my warriors and to the outpost.

The Tribble menace is evolving people and who can say what horrors they will breed next!

(On a slightly more serious note: loved the mission, first time I'd seen hit, however exploding Tribbles is a little disturbing, might be a bit better if they screamed (like when a Klingon tries to use one), and slumped when killed perhaps)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
LOL ... is this for real?
Those guys are nothing if not imaginative.
Am scared now to think what will they do next with those tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Yea i believe its real... there are several missions to destroy objects and they all explode in the end. Yesterday I was destroying some weapons caches (there were guns inside) and they all exploded as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM
It wan't a normal explosion but unfortunately the tribble passed wind through fear of your mightiness and your Batleth hit the floor causing a spark which ignited the expelled gases
Lt. Commander
# 5 need t herapy now
04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Just seeing all those tribbles gives me nightmares - i'll need some threapy now