Lt. Commander
First and foremost, thank you for making this Star Trek online and not the next degeneration online. Even as fans of Real Star Trek have no problems with fans of spin offs making requests, we get attacked by retarded children whom seem to think this entire effort was created just for them and their Obama loving communist college kid agenda. Please police such unfriendly behavior. Us adults would appreciate it and hate to have to be unseemly when having to tolerate the feeble youth of today.

And now - the requests...

# 1 – Loving the magnitude a’la the REAL Batllestar Galacatica (Lorne Green of course) that you give your bridges! You should do one based on the TV series matching both its colors and layout.

# 2 – Likewise we need a huge “spotlit” bridge matching the lines, designs, consoles, chairs, displays etc. of Andrew Probert’s and Mike Minor’s Wrath of Khan Bridge.

# 3 – If you’re going to any trouble to make the “Hideous Duckling” (the dash D) accurate, then you need to step back and make the Constitution Class accurate (TV), the Avenger Class (Reliant) accurate and the Constitution realized to perfection in its film refit accurate.

# 4 - Primary hulls have two rows of windows. The Refit Constitution’s deflector dish should glow just as brightly as the Tier 4 and 5 ships. It’s not a rectangle, etc., etc., etc.!

# 5 - And give us the option for standard Wrath of Khan hull colors, patterns and self illuminated pylons, nacelle and hull labels- all as seen on the ships in the film.

# 6 - And I’ve yet to see that wonderful Wrath of Khan Starship Starfleet Pennant where it belongs on any starship.

# 7 – Go back, look at the millions of identical blueprints for these ships and get it right - and to scale. Stop trying to diss REAL Star trek by making the finest ships ever shown look like pip squeaks.

# 8 – Let the Grissom type ship from Search for Spock be an Ensign’s Tier 1 ship – that thing was pathetic. You could use the Excelsior (what was actually meant as the one shot joke The Spruce Goose of Star Trek) for target practice. Whatever.

# 9 – The perfect Tier 6 ship (when you get there) would be the Dreadnaught we never got to see in the films. It’s a three engine, Warp 18, 215% larger than Constitution Class breath-taker. It has all the Andy Probert lines and could easily be scaled up to larger than a Tier 4 ship. You can find it in books,blueprints and publications of the period, or possibly online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Kev
we get attacked by retarded children whom seem to think this entire effort was created just for them and their Obama loving communist college kid agenda..
Now theres someone with an agenda .
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Definitely in the running for worst post since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Kev
First and foremost, thank you for making this Star Trek online and not the next degeneration online. Even as fans of Real Star Trek have no problems with fans of spin offs making requests, we get attacked by retarded children whom seem to think this entire effort was created just for them and their Obama loving communist college kid agenda. Please police such unfriendly behavior. Us adults would appreciate it and hate to have to be unseemly when having to tolerate the feeble youth of today.
Catastro-fail
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
this is thread #3 i've encountered where you say the same damn thing OP
Lt. Commander
# 6 Give him a break
03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Give him a break guys. I think by the tone of the first paragraph that he does not want you kids trolling his post, He wants constructive criticism on his ideas and I personally think that some of them are quite good. Such as : new tier 1 ships, Tier 6 dreadnought, and classic bridges.

Although on the bridges fact as much as I like making it look nice and occasionally wasting time on it, I feel that before cryptic makes more/newer bridges they need to have a practical use for them other than holding fleet meetings, video taping captains logs, etc.

Now with the engine in its current state I don't think combat from the bridge is possible at this time but maybe when someone hails you and you answer it, it shows your bridge view screen with the person on the screen whose hailing you. Or even have it when your in sector space traveling from place to place.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
no breaks. If anyone else was spamming the forums with the same topic post over and over we'd say the same thing. Also, in an anonymous format how do you know any of us are kids? For all you know I helped Gene Roddenberry design the origenal enterprise but never got credit for it. (Not claiming that, but you get the point) No one on the forum is above the rules, nor are they above criticism for the ideas they present, nor above critisism for their condenscending attitudes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
no breaks. If anyone else was spamming the forums with the same topic post over and over we'd say the same thing. Also, in an anonymous format how do you know any of us are kids? For all you know I helped Gene Roddenberry design the origenal enterprise but never got credit for it. (Not claiming that, but you get the point) No one on the forum is above the rules, nor are they above criticism for the ideas they present, nor above critisism for their condenscending attitudes.
If there's one thing I've learned from Star Trek, it's that we all need to be open minded and accepting of each other in order to get along and succeed.

If there's one thing I've learned from the Star Trek fandom, it's that the majority of the people who watch the show are among the least likely to embrace that philosophy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2010, 01:06 PM
So i should let people skirt rules in order to be percieved by others as being open minded then?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
If there's one thing I've learned from Star Trek, it's that we all need to be open minded and accepting of each other in order to get along and succeed.

If there's one thing I've learned from the Star Trek fandom, it's that the majority of the people who watch the show are among the least likely to embrace that philosophy.
It's not just Star Trek. Take any mythos....Star Trek, LOTR, Star Wars...even religions (to avoid a flame war, I won't expound on why religion is categorized under "mythos"). How do the fans act? DOGMATIC! The OP for instance doesn't see "The Next Generation" as legitimate canon...much like some adherents to a religion may not consider works orthodox or part of the "real" canon of the faith.

Arguing with them is pointless, as they are illogical.