Lt. Commander
# 1 Deltaco Spam?
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
It seems I had my contact info given to Del Taco for marketing.

I have never given my info to Del Taco yet I am getting spam mail from them saying I have subscribed.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this after having used a promo code.

-K
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2010, 05:59 PM
/points at the post titled "cryptic SOLD my email address!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2010, 06:00 PM
What? A company took your email address and is now using it to spam you? NEVER! It just doesn't happen
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Spam Tacos yum
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knall View Post

I have never given my info to Del Taco yet I am getting spam mail from them saying I have subscribed.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this after having used a promo code.

-K
Yes, I believe you are correct in you assumption that Cryptic sold our email addresses.

I also received an email from Del Taco today, on the same email address that I use for Cryptic .
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMan2k View Post
Yes, I believe you are correct in you assumption that Cryptic sold our email addresses.

I also received an email from Del Taco today, on the same email address that I use for Cryptic .
sigh

you didnt opt out from the newsletter by checking the little box when you claimed your shuttle.
you sold your own contact info
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
sigh

you didnt opt out from the newsletter by checking the little box when you claimed your shuttle.
you sold your own contact info
Hmmm.. You might be right about that. I usually un-check any box about contacting me.

But perhaps I missed it.

I Stand Corrected.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knall View Post

-K
There was an option at the bottom of the Del Taco code entry screen that was by default set to opt in to a Del Taco email list. There seems to have been some sort of issue where some people who opted out were not marked as so.

If you did not want to be on their list simply open the email and click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom. You will receive no further emails from Del Taco once you have done that.