Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
LOL oh dear.....that does not bode well.

No canon ships.....no happy brucie.

I wish I knew why there was a delay. IT might have something to do with the fact what tier do you make the canon ships. People at T5 will want to play them too. I wish Cryptic would just come out and tell us either way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-01-2010, 03:21 AM
You might be interested in this Bruce.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2448339

He bolded the name Excelsior.


And this


http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=142585

So they might very well be on the drawing board or the approval board or what ever. The fact he won't say is significant.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
The funny thing is , you can have your cake and eat it too. (I would have made a cake is a lie joke but Portal 2 is coming out so maybe the cake wasn't a lie after all.)

I think they should have stuck with just the slots and respecs etc for now till more content was out. However by the same token it goes to what I said in the OP. They can take the downtime that hey ordinarily have and make this fluff and put it on the C-Store to pad the bottom line. It is only if the C-Store stuff takes precedence over them making content is where I would be upset.
As far as I am aware it was only the Lifers perks that were an overtime work thing. All the rest of the fluff that is now in C-store HAS taken precedence as there is pretty much still a dearth of content even with the season 1 patch.

Now don't get me wrong like I say I don't mind there being a C-store.....I just won't be using it.....but for the love of Goddenberry just get the content out now.

The devs are playing catch up because the game was released bare bones and almost every week we are seeing content getting held back again and again. So really someone needs to make an executive decision and have a week or two of double shifts in order to gain some ground. Otherwise Season 2 will just be soo far away from hitting holodeck that those on the fence will be loooong gone.

As I recall the plan was that there would be an STF every week with a smallish patch every 2 weeks and then a bigger patch every 45.

That was the plan originally. Of course it has all changed now.....but that is because they are so behind it's a real chore to catch up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-01-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't know if "micro-transactions" are the future. There are many different kinds of this model.

But I am sure NO SUBSCRIPTION games are the future.


I personally would prefer a Guild Wars style model: Pay a larger sum once and pay for additional large chunks of content every half a year or year.

The "little stuff for little money" that often sums up to still quite a lot of money in the end is something I dislike about item-shop based games. Often you might up with the price of a full subscription or even more.


I am a bit a hater at the moment when it comes to Cryptic:

Subscription + Item Shop is double dipping. Too bad the item shop for "extras" like some spiffy pets and stuff comes to more and more sub games. It is a bad trend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Cryptic have a good history with micro-transactions as does the studio spawned from a lot of their old people (Paragon Studios).

Offering non-essential items that don't give anyone a clear advantage and are mostly cosmetic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
As far as I am aware it was only the Lifers perks that were an overtime work thing. All the rest of the fluff that is now in C-store HAS taken precedence as there is pretty much still a dearth of content even with the season 1 patch.

Now don't get me wrong like I say I don't mind there being a C-store.....I just won't be using it.....but for the love of Goddenberry just get the content out now.

The devs are playing catch up because the game was released bare bones and almost every week we are seeing content getting held back again and again. So really someone needs to make an executive decision and have a week or two of double shifts in order to gain some ground. Otherwise Season 2 will just be soo far away from hitting holodeck that those on the fence will be loooong gone.

As I recall the plan was that there would be an STF every week with a smallish patch every 2 weeks and then a bigger patch every 45.

That was the plan originally. Of course it has all changed now.....but that is because they are so behind it's a real chore to catch up.
You are kind of wrapping two issues into one. One being the C-Store (MTs) and the other the lack of content.

The MTs I discussed in the OP. The lack of content. Yes, there is a lack of content. Noone can deny that I think. Having said that, content takes a while to make. You just can't wave a magic wand and POFF content. Yes, I agree they are playing catch up. I don't think they can code and design any faster though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
The funny thing is , you can have your cake and eat it too. (I would have made a cake is a lie joke but Portal 2 is coming out so maybe the cake wasn't a lie after all.)

I think they should have stuck with just the slots and respecs etc for now till more content was out. However by the same token it goes to what I said in the OP. They can take the downtime that hey ordinarily have and make this fluff and put it on the C-Store to pad the bottom line. It is only if the C-Store stuff takes precedence over them making content is where I would be upset.
Its already happening. How many updates on the C Store you saw in this month alone? You think we will get as many essential changes before Season 2 (or STO goes live as i like to call it)?

The truth of the matter is I dont want them to design new fugly bridges, races and ships yet. I want more episodes and the variety in game we were promised. The C store has taken the lead and is taking the designer's time instead of let's say adding more planet types and fixing the god awful existing ship models. Even maybe make random aliens have different ships and stop us from getting texts about all races and their grandmas having a f***** 3rd dynasty that spreads artifacts all over.

The C store MUST stop here. Slots and respecs were necessary but now its time to move on to justify those subs. As for the cannon ships how on Earth you have a licence for Mirandas, Cheyenne all the Enterprise models (save NX) and dont have the licence on Excelsior Nebula and Ambassador? They all more or less belong to already licenced eras. So I call BS on the CBS excuse. They just want money for it.

They released the game early to get their bonus and now they want more money for releasing cosmetic junk while continuously delaying stuff.

The line must be drawn here !!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
Its already happening. How many updates on the C Store you saw in this month alone? You think we will get as many essential changes before Season 2 (or STO goes live as i like to call it)?

The truth of the matter is I dont want them to design new fugly bridges, races and ships yet. I want more episodes and the variety in game we were promised. The C store has taken the lead and is taking the designer's time instead of let's say adding more planet types and fixing the god awful existing ship models. Even maybe make random aliens have different ships and stop us from getting texts about all races and their grandmas having a f***** 3rd dynasty that spreads artifacts all over.

The C store MUST stop here. Slots and respecs were necessary but now its time to move on to justify those subs. As for the cannon ships how on Earth you have a licence for Mirandas, Cheyenne all the Enterprise models (save NX) and dont have the licence on Excelsior Nebula and Ambassador? They all more or less belong to already licenced eras. So I call BS on the CBS excuse. They just want money for it.

They released the game early to get their bonus and now they want more money for releasing cosmetic junk while continuously delaying stuff.

The line must be drawn here !!!
I have this image of Cryptic borg all over your engineering section.

On the license thing, CBS is notorious for the license deals. I think the only one with a worst rep is NBC. I can see them pulling something like that, where they want final approval before they are added. I would be willing to be there is some issue with Paramount in all of that too. Yet, I really don't know. I just don't put it past them.

As far as the content goes, let me ask you this. Do you really think if they stopped working on any C-store items that more content would get released sooner?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-01-2010, 03:56 AM
I dont have a problem with them, however what i do have a problem with is what Cryptic has done with a few of them, I speak of the bridge variants, I paid for 4 variants, not 1 new bridge with some stuff moved around 4 times, the cruiser one was quite nice but the light cruiser ones are full of errors and look very rushed.

If this is a sign of the variants to come from Cryptic I wont buy any more, pretty poor unfortunatly (although klingon ones looked quite good, go figure)

All the other stuff in there is fine, but do remember we pay a monthly fee (or LT fee whichever) which we should get some of these things included for too.

Bottom Line, if Cryptic want to continue charging a monthly fee and C-Store they need to put some effort into the C-store items to justify the cost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-01-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
As far as the content goes, let me ask you this. Do you really think if they stopped working on any C-store items that more content would get released sooner?
Erm why would it not? Sure they have different teams but erm they could pitch in and make new weapons to fix the loot tables OR even fix the darn ugly AP weapons that look as if the devs forgot to finish the models for them.

Or how about making more MK X purp gear for phasers and disruptors SEEING as the benefit of going for the other weap types are non existent?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM.