Lt. Commander
# 11
04-01-2010, 07:40 AM
I know how stressing times like this can be, not too long ago my father had to have a triple bypass, so heres hoping the best for you and your family in this time of need.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Despite the fact that I normally keep my beliefs to myself on public forums, I'm going to say that your family is in my prayers and thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Just headed back there to see him a few minutes ago. They still have him sedated and on the ventilator, but he's fighting it off. Hell, he's even fighting through the sedatives, moving his legs and arms. Tough old man, but I guess it's true what they say. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

My mom actually tried to remove his wedding ring, so it wouldn't get lost. Big mistake, he grabbed her hand- through the sedation- and refused to let it go until she backed away from his ring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like a good sign.

Besides, is this the face of someone who would give up so easily?

Thanks again for the support. We're in good spirits here, and it's looking much better than yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Just headed back there to see him a few minutes ago. They still have him sedated and on the ventilator, but he's fighting it off. Hell, he's even fighting through the sedatives, moving his legs and arms. Tough old man, but I guess it's true what they say. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

My mom actually tried to remove his wedding ring, so it wouldn't get lost. Big mistake, he grabbed her hand- through the sedation- and refused to let it go until she backed away from his ring. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like a good sign.

Thanks again for the support. We're in good spirits here, and it's looking much better than yesterday.
Your dad shall now be known as Epic Beard Man v2.0
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
special totally out of character happy thoughts each day for you and your family Daevan. I hope the recovery is speedy and the years ahead plentiful.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:

Oh, he knows that a dead Marine is in a world of sh*t. Because Marines aren't allowed to die without permission.

I have a feeling he'll be just fine. Marines don't give up at all, let alone easily.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm a little late on this, but I hope things continue to go well.

My grandmother actually recently had a heart attack, not major thankfully, so I do somewhat know how you probably feel.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
I know I said I wouldn't make a forum post about this, and just keep everyone informed via private messaging, but that takes entirely too long.

As some of you know, my dad had a heart attack Monday morning. Pretty bad one, too- doctors were saying he was all but dead by the time they airlifted him to the hospital. He seemed to be recovering on Tuesday, but Wednesday morning, he developed severe fluid buildup on his lungs, and a rather nasty case of pneumonia. They doubted he'd make it to Thursday.

He's doing much better now, though. Apparently, he's reacting well to the medication, and the fluid buildup- as well as the pneumonia- is all but gone. They're weaning him off the blood pressure medicine, and they should take the heart pump out today or tomorrow. He's still not out of the woods, but it's looking a whole hell of a lot better now.

So hopefully that explains where I've been most of this week. He's doing much better, so I should be on more often. It'll still be sporadic until he makes it out of ICU, but I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me out. Chat, Woe, Raven, Rwalph, Corban and Eleriel especially.

Most of my friends have been here with me and my family- hell, the old man practically raised them, too- but I've been trying to keep it together for them. Still, I needed someone to rant to, and the people listed above were there to listen. I owe you all.

I'm heading home now to hopefully get my first sleep in a real bed since Tuesday. I'll keep everyone updated, and thanks again.
He must be a very strong, stubborn man to cling to life thus. Good luck, and god bless.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
though i missed most of his due to my weekly sabbatical, prayrs, thoughts and wishes to you daevan.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-01-2010, 02:39 PM
*hugs*

We're all here for you, Daevan.