Lt. Commander
# 1 Scramble Sensors
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Should not make it possible for me to cast Engineering Team or Extend Shields on an enemy ship.

Discuss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry Sir, it looked friendly at this bridge station.

(Sure it's annoying but.. I can see why it would happen).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
*Star Fleet Engineering Team beams on-board a klingon bird of prey. Bewildered starfleet technicians look around and suddenly find themselves surrounded by hostile klingon crewmen*

Klingon #1: "Saboteurs!"
Klingon #2: "How did you transport through our shields, Starfleet?"
FedTechs: "Uhh... actually, we were ordered to come onboard and help with damage control."
Klingon #1: "Oh. Well, come this way. We have a problem with this plasma relay..."
FedTechs: "Actually... we might have gotten the wrong coordinates. It's not like us to impose... we really shouldn't stay..."
Klingon #2: *points disruptors at the Feds* "We insist. you fix our stuff. Then you can go."
Fedtechs: "You won't kill us?"
Klingon #1: "We will... but only once you fix our stuff and get back to your ship!"
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
It depends on how the skill actually "works". Engineering Team should not work. The scenario described with the crew arriving was dead on. Extend Shields is an emission from your ship so there's no other verification involved. I can see that working.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, here's a thought.

Instead of Scramble Sensors making all players appear friendly (while it also removes the firing restriction on friendlies), it should simply make all players appear hostile. That way, you cannot even help your allies, let alone your enemies. Remember that the description of Scramble Sensors is that it is supposed to make enemies target each other.

How do we get around the name giveaway? Well, that's still a problem even with the current incarnation of Scramble Sensors. All player names and ship names should be scrambled as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
Should not make it possible for me to cast Engineering Team or Extend Shields on an enemy ship.

Discuss.
Certainly not if its done by transporting the team(which the sound effect implies). Unless they have shields down...at which point there should be a high casualty rate on beam in...some are bound to beam in where they shouldnt...in the bulkheads, in the warp core reactor, in the restrooms(slip & fall hazard), etc.

The remaining team should then become a boarding party and do random "engineering" damage to a sub-system on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Certainly not if its done by transporting the team(which the sound effect implies). Unless they have shields down...at which point there should be a high casualty rate on beam in...some are bound to beam in where they shouldnt...in the bulkheads, in the warp core reactor, in the restrooms(slip & fall hazard), etc.

The remaining team should then become a boarding party and do random "engineering" damage to a sub-system on the ship.
I always wondered why ships didn't just beam out the warp core when the shields dropped, just pulling random stuff would cause ALOT of damage. /musings
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2010, 12:12 AM
hmmm...maybe the signature is too large. Perhaps is difficult to convert that much matter/energy into transporter buffer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I always wondered why ships didn't just beam out the warp core when the shields dropped, just pulling random stuff would cause ALOT of damage. /musings
Maybe they can*t beam the anti-matter within the warp core safely?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2010, 04:19 AM
It would probably be eaasier and just as deadly to transport out components that cause a coolant leak...leading to a warp core breach. Now there's some devious fun!