Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Scramble Sensors
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Should not make it possible for me to cast Engineering Team or Extend Shields on an enemy ship.

Discuss.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry Sir, it looked friendly at this bridge station.

(Sure it's annoying but.. I can see why it would happen).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
*Star Fleet Engineering Team beams on-board a klingon bird of prey. Bewildered starfleet technicians look around and suddenly find themselves surrounded by hostile klingon crewmen*

Klingon #1: "Saboteurs!"
Klingon #2: "How did you transport through our shields, Starfleet?"
FedTechs: "Uhh... actually, we were ordered to come onboard and help with damage control."
Klingon #1: "Oh. Well, come this way. We have a problem with this plasma relay..."
FedTechs: "Actually... we might have gotten the wrong coordinates. It's not like us to impose... we really shouldn't stay..."
Klingon #2: *points disruptors at the Feds* "We insist. you fix our stuff. Then you can go."
Fedtechs: "You won't kill us?"
Klingon #1: "We will... but only once you fix our stuff and get back to your ship!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
It depends on how the skill actually "works". Engineering Team should not work. The scenario described with the crew arriving was dead on. Extend Shields is an emission from your ship so there's no other verification involved. I can see that working.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, here's a thought.

Instead of Scramble Sensors making all players appear friendly (while it also removes the firing restriction on friendlies), it should simply make all players appear hostile. That way, you cannot even help your allies, let alone your enemies. Remember that the description of Scramble Sensors is that it is supposed to make enemies target each other.

How do we get around the name giveaway? Well, that's still a problem even with the current incarnation of Scramble Sensors. All player names and ship names should be scrambled as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
Should not make it possible for me to cast Engineering Team or Extend Shields on an enemy ship.

Discuss.
Certainly not if its done by transporting the team(which the sound effect implies). Unless they have shields down...at which point there should be a high casualty rate on beam in...some are bound to beam in where they shouldnt...in the bulkheads, in the warp core reactor, in the restrooms(slip & fall hazard), etc.

The remaining team should then become a boarding party and do random "engineering" damage to a sub-system on the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Certainly not if its done by transporting the team(which the sound effect implies). Unless they have shields down...at which point there should be a high casualty rate on beam in...some are bound to beam in where they shouldnt...in the bulkheads, in the warp core reactor, in the restrooms(slip & fall hazard), etc.

The remaining team should then become a boarding party and do random "engineering" damage to a sub-system on the ship.
I always wondered why ships didn't just beam out the warp core when the shields dropped, just pulling random stuff would cause ALOT of damage. /musings
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-02-2010, 12:12 AM
hmmm...maybe the signature is too large. Perhaps is difficult to convert that much matter/energy into transporter buffer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I always wondered why ships didn't just beam out the warp core when the shields dropped, just pulling random stuff would cause ALOT of damage. /musings
Maybe they can*t beam the anti-matter within the warp core safely?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-02-2010, 04:19 AM
It would probably be eaasier and just as deadly to transport out components that cause a coolant leak...leading to a warp core breach. Now there's some devious fun!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 PM.