Lt. Commander
# 21
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Another tooltip giving incorrect information.. look at yuor paperdoll screen for your ship and look at the actual values, not the tooltips, do this with your abilities engaged.. You get different values than your tooltips.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Winterland
<snipped>...but the point is that my ship is good at damage - when I point it the right way - and theirs was some sort of ice cream van or something. It's all about fitting your ship out and playing to the strengths of your ship type... and I AM PANTS at it, compared to many, I also have slow reactions, I panic too much, and when I'm trying to press 'run away, hide, restore shields and please let somebody sit *** on to me in front at 5km' I'm actually pressing the 'select tribble to breed from ' button and playing elevator music by mistake.
ROTFL - this made my day. Thanks for the laugh!

I can't count the number of times I've been screaming at the screen, trying to figure out why the ship isn't moving any more, only to find 'ddsseeeeeeeeddwwwwddaaaaasssssaawwwwaaasssseqeqeq e' in the chat window and my power settings on 'speed'.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Is that the same with + buffs ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Bombergirl... i know that person.. wait... that a clan mate :0
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you for pointing that out Phoxe, but i would just like to make one thing clear.

Unless the tooltip number reflects dimishing returns based on the players current resistences...that number will misleading....again

An example to clarify....If I am running with 1 console with +15 to kenetic + all energy And that new trait that adds to resistences(T3 box, sorry forgot the name), that puts me at about 18.9 resistence. Diminishing returns are already at work. 15 + 7.7 = 18.9. lol President Bush's skool fo fuzzy math

Now if I look at the tooltip for the science ability Hazzard I, it should give me a number that reflects diminishing returns and once buffed, My base resistence and the number on the tooltip should equal the number listed on the character sheet. If it doesnt, the number on the tooltip will once again be bogus.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
On the matter of tooltips, I'd still like a fix for the problem of tooltips displaying values scaled to the last ship you bought rather than the ship you're using. Especially problematic for those of us who've bought runabouts.

I know it's just a display bug, but still... please fix.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-14-2010, 03:42 AM
To add to the maneuverability issue of Cruisers, I have discovered a trick, ( I'm sure other's have discovered to), that is real effective at turning around, (180 Dgs)...
Try binding your engine controls to your middle mouse button, So as you pass your target up, you decrease your speed all the way, throwing it in reverse, and turning left or right until your centered on target again.
Much faster and more effective in battle than just flying in circles.
Like I said, Alot of you probably know this already, But for those of you who don't, I hope this helps. Now...
Go kik some Klingon Booty!!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-14-2010, 03:58 AM
wow...
way to much math involved in MMO's ^^
seriously it would help a friggen lot if there was just a little optional window somewhere were you could see the important stats like the final Shield / Hull strength (in numbers) Damage reduction in %
and what not.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
so is this regarding those engineering consoles that add like +15% energy resistence, but on my ship status window it only shows like 11% resist? and you guys are basically fixing it show it will show 15%? sounds good.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
so is this regarding those engineering consoles that add like +15% energy resistence, but on my ship status window it only shows like 11% resist? and you guys are basically fixing it show it will show 15%? sounds good.
No.. they are fixing it to show the increase you actually get instead of what the tootips currently state..

Use the math formula provided.. and figure out your console.. the result after doing the math (also factoring in Diminishing returns) is what you will see inthe tooltip when the system is fixed..