Lt. Commander
This was DEFINITELY the best mission I have played in this game!

It started out with a hail from Starfleet telling me to investigate an anomaly, so I thought it was going to be another one of those "Scan, shoot, scan" missions again, but I'm so glad it wasn't! The anomaly turned out to be a rift in time and space that led to the Mirror Universe. When I entered it, I was ambushed by a bunch of Terran Empire ships. After disposing of them, I picked up a transmission from a nearby base that sounded like an attack on Starfleet. So, then, you have to beam into the base to stop the attack!

After fighting through hordes of enemies, you reach the boss and have to fight him. He fights to the death, and mutters something about a "Dimensional Blade" with his dying breath. After you beam out, you head back through the rift to report to Starfleet and look for a way to close it.

However, when you emerge from the rift, you are attacked by Federation ships. After a few seconds of fighting them, Admiral Drake warps in and yells for everyone to hold their fire. Apparently, your mirror double has been causing havoc at the closest starbase and they thought it was you. So, you have to beam into the starbase to eliminate the threat.

After you beam in, you see what looks like a normal starbase interior, but it's heavily damaged. The corridors are dead like a ghost town, but there are hazards to dodge everywhere. In the final room, you meet up with not only your mirror self, but also mirror versions of all the BOs you brought with you. All of the enemy BOs have powered-up versions of the weapons you gave your officers, but your mirror version wields a large, glowing, purple sword that can incapacitate anyone in 2 hits!

If you somehow manage to survive the fight, your mirror stands up, injured, and tells you that you are too late. He / she has activated the suto-destruct, and you only have 3-minutes to disable it. As he says this, he rips a hole in time and space with his sword and runs through it yelling that this is only the beginning. He leaves his BOs to whatever fate befalls them.

So, you have to race around this station dodging traps and trying to find 10 bombs before the timer runs out. I finished with about 5 seconds left on the clock, but I'm guessing that the place blows up if you don't disarm all the bombs.

Oh, yeah.... April Fools.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
lol like in regardless
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicJustice
This was DEFINITELY the best mission I have played in this game!

It started out with a hail from Starfleet telling me to investigate an anomaly, so I thought it was going to be another one of those "Scan, shoot, scan" missions again, but I'm so glad it wasn't! The anomaly turned out to be a rift in time and space that led to the Mirror Universe. When I entered it, I was ambushed by a bunch of Terran Empire ships. After disposing of them, I picked up a transmission from a nearby base that sounded like an attack on Starfleet. So, then, you have to beam into the base to stop the attack!

After fighting through hordes of enemies, you reach the boss and have to fight him. He fights to the death, and mutters something about a "Dimensional Blade" with his dying breath. After you beam out, you head back through the rift to report to Starfleet and look for a way to close it.

However, when you emerge from the rift, you are attacked by Federation ships. After a few seconds of fighting them, Admiral Drake warps in and yells for everyone to hold their fire. Apparently, your mirror double has been causing havoc at the closest starbase and they thought it was you. So, you have to beam into the starbase to eliminate the threat.

After you beam in, you see what looks like a normal starbase interior, but it's heavily damaged. The corridors are dead like a ghost town, but there are hazards to dodge everywhere. In the final room, you meet up with not only your mirror self, but also mirror versions of all the BOs you brought with you. All of the enemy BOs have powered-up versions of the weapons you gave your officers, but your mirror version wields a large, glowing, purple sword that can incapacitate anyone in 2 hits!

If you somehow manage to survive the fight, your mirror stands up, injured, and tells you that you are too late. He / she has activated the suto-destruct, and you only have 3-minutes to disable it. As he says this, he rips a hole in time and space with his sword and runs through it yelling that this is only the beginning. He leaves his BOs to whatever fate befalls them.

So, you have to race around this station dodging traps and trying to find 10 bombs before the timer runs out. I finished with about 5 seconds left on the clock, but I'm guessing that the place blows up if you don't disarm all the bombs.

Oh, yeah.... April Fools.
Dammit, if I had seen it yesterday and you hadn't written "April Fools" I would've played along and claimed that you can get a Mirror version of one of your BO's in the mission.