Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I've gotten confirmation that the "Phaser Turret" on that page is actually referring to the Automated Defense Battery/Automated Defense Turret.

The Steam page is in the process of being clarified to prevent further confusion.

Thanks for posting about this!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
I've gotten confirmation that the "Phaser Turret" on that page is actually referring to the Automated Defense Battery/Automated Defense Turret.

The Steam page is in the process of being clarified to prevent further confusion.

I suggest you go back to them again then because they are clearly mistaken, maybe the full text of the page makes it clear that what is being refered to is a diferent thing.

Digital Deluxe Edition

Now includes a Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret – This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret.

After redeeming your key, your exclusive item will be available in the C-Store’s Special Unlocks tab.
The Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition offers such bonuses as five exclusive in-game items as well as the ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The five exclusive in-game items include:

■Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).
■Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
■Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.
■Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.
■Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range

Notice they are both refered to seperately and some distance apart, they are not the same item.

P.S. D2D is also offering a new item that was not originally offered prelaunch so there has clearly been some new items added to certain versions of the game.

Txt from D2D DDE is below for clarity....

LIMITED TIME BONUS ITEM - Radiometric Converter
This starship Engineering Console Mod absorbs theta radiation from incoming attacks and sends the energy directly to your EPS conduits to increase your ships power levels.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana

Since this is the case, this would be the first time that the 'Automated Defense Turret' is being offered with Standard Retail Package... http://store.steampowered.com/app/9900/
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
I assure you this item is real! it might not be a steam item but i have seen it, the reason i made this post was because someone linked to it in chat (and it did say "deploys lvl X turret" and was a console) when I asked where they got it they said they got it from steam. I really really wish i took a screen shot because it would settle this matter much faster. if ANYONE has this item can you please post a screen shot to it and tell us how you got it! Litana, could possibly you talk to the person that makes items and ask if they ever made a Space Phaser Turret deploying console? if it is real then I wont feel like I'm on crazy pills here. Also, if its real where can we get it!?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok, I got a screen shot of this "item that is not real".
http://www.technocrew.net/main.php?g...serialNumber=2

incase my site goes down it says:

Console - Tactical - Light Phaser Satellite Turret
Rare ship tactical console
bound

Deploy Satellite Phaser Turret
Creates a lvl 11 light satellite phaser turret for 180 sec

The player that got it said they got it from steam. so with proof the item is real with numerous references to steam giving this item can I PLEASE get my item?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
update: received another reply to my GM help ticket saying I should have the Item, its still not there. I looked in the C-store Special Unlocks and carefully read over each one of them and still no turret launcher. I replied back with the same link I posted above so that they know exactly which item it is I don't have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Seems that there is some kind of miscommunication going on in Cryptic, would be nice if they actually tod their GMs what was going on rather than making them research everything themselves from scratch!

If people have previously been able to get this item from Steam it should not be removed without warning, anyone should be able to get it, unless you are planning on removing it from players that already have it...
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Ok, we have followed up and determined the source of the confusion. This item is specifically a promotional item, available for a limited time, and it is in addition to the normal items unlocked with a Steam purchase.

The Phaser Turret Launcher is available to new Steam copies (regular and collector's edition) purchased from 3/18 through 5/31. If you purchased through Steam outside of this range, you would not be eligible for the promo item.

I'm sorry for the confusion last week. I hope this clears things up!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks Litana, as appreciative as I am for your help in this matter its very difficult for me not to be negative about this. maybe I'm in the minority but because this item is not retro-actively applied it feels like a slap in the face. instead of being a "hey thanks for playing our game here is a free item! and all new players can get it too!" it turns in to a "hey all new players get a free item, oh your all ready playing? well then bugger off". its just very insulting.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
Thanks Litana, as appreciative as I am for your help in this matter its very difficult for me not to be negative about this. maybe I'm in the minority but because this item is not retro-actively applied it feels like a slap in the face. instead of being a "hey thanks for playing our game here is a free item! and all new players can get it too!" it turns in to a "hey all new players get a free item, oh your all ready playing? well then bugger off". its just very insulting.
Direct your rage at Atari's marketing department; they love doing stuff like this. They're also behind the "free TOS uniforms for all!" promotion, and the various hiccups with the Mirror Universe uniforms (marketing promised more than the devs had intended).