Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-05-2010, 02:42 PM
they did the same thing to people with promogate, atari just seem to have no respect for their customers at all...
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
Thanks Litana, as appreciative as I am for your help in this matter its very difficult for me not to be negative about this. maybe I'm in the minority but because this item is not retro-actively applied it feels like a slap in the face. instead of being a "hey thanks for playing our game here is a free item! and all new players can get it too!" it turns in to a "hey all new players get a free item, oh your all ready playing? well then bugger off". its just very insulting.
So they have a rotating series of different unique items to continue attracting new customers and this is bad, simply because you didnt get it too ? Seems to me that the Chromodynamic armor isnt in this Steam promotion. I got that bonus, they get this one. Seems fine to me. Probably will be useful for just as long too!
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Ok, we have followed up and determined the source of the confusion. This item is specifically a promotional item, available for a limited time, and it is in addition to the normal items unlocked with a Steam purchase.

The Phaser Turret Launcher is available to new Steam copies (regular and collector's edition) purchased from 3/18 through 5/31. If you purchased through Steam outside of this range, you would not be eligible for the promo item.

I'm sorry for the confusion last week. I hope this clears things up!
The Steam page for Star Trek Online DDE is still confusing:

Quote:
Now includes a Steam-exclusive Phaser Turret This Tactical Station Mod allows you to deploy a small space phaser turret.
<snip>

Quote:
Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
"allows you to deploy" certainly sounds like the Turret Launcher. It's not listed as an item in the included extras though. The only thing close to the Launcher is the item listed as the Automated Defense Battery.