Lt. Commander
# 1 Character's name
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Who hates their character's name? I sure do! At the beginning when they asked my what my "short" name will be, I thought it would a private name that the npc or ncp or whatever would call you. Not for everyone to see!
Do you now what my character's name is? Paul. That is the lamest name ever(for a screen name. No effence to those of you named Paul). I know that there is a renaming feature in the C-store, but I already spent all my points, and I'm not going to buy more.

I guess its easier type then "Mr. Klingonkillerthatisreallycool16457" (not an acually name), but common!

I wanna hear your imput and your thoughts about your charater's names.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I figured it was something along the lines of a callsign, so I used my actual name as my full name (which is fine if that's what they'd used to identify me) and my normal video game callsign as my short name (which is also fine).

Either way, it would have been a perfectly okay name for everyone in-game to call me.

Turns out the callsign or short name is what you see.

So it's all good.

Edit: For reference, my callsign is "Hazard."
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
My short name is Asuka, a great name as is Paul. Somebody needs to be hugged more often. Have a nice day!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I guess, but I have a friend and his name is starwolf, "STARWOLF" (emphasis). Thats a fricken cool name. How did he get that and I get stuck with "Paul" as a short name?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
...triffic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2010, 01:18 PM
On my eponymous first character, I put "Tripp" as the shortname.

Now NPCs address him as "Commander Tripp", and it bugs the snot out of me. I'm getting closer and closer to buying a rename just to fix that.

Second character, knowing better, I put "Nolas" as Ria Nolas' shortname. NPCs call her "Commander Nolas", and I'm much happier.

It should use Lastname when using our Title, not the nickname.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
On my eponymous first character, I put "Tripp" as the shortname.

Now NPCs address him as "Commander Tripp", and it bugs the snot out of me. I'm getting closer and closer to buying a rename just to fix that.

Second character, knowing better, I put "Nolas" as Ria Nolas' shortname. NPCs call her "Commander Nolas", and I'm much happier.

It should use Lastname when using our Title, not the nickname.
Yeah, I love how you're apparently on "nickname" basis with all of Starfleet.

"Did you hear about Hazard's last mission?"

I want to slap them and be like, "That's Admiral Scudder to you, Ensign!"

Or first name basis, when it comes to your bridge officers. Note that it defaults to their first name being used on the status page and in your BOff slots.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Oh joy of species without last names.

My short names are Sinth, Quon and, oh well, the 3rd could be better... Commander Agent 12 makes little sense, it should have been Commander Irian. I didn't realize it would be used by NPCs that way because I never saw the issue with Sinth as only name. Now I simply imagine I can answer with "New orders, Admiral Captain?"
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
This reminds me of a story about a guy named Joe Sh*t. He was so sick of being called Joe Sh*t that he changed his name to Ed Sh*t.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I made nine a play of Borg designations using irrational numbers instead of rational numbers