Lt. Commander
Now with lots of changes!

First of all, I have to say thank you for getting that up and running so quickly! I was pumped when I read about it, and I'm happy that got put online. I know people are griping about adding more content, but I am pumped that this exists.

I like it! I also have some ideas for how you could expand it (maybe not yet, but in a while? haha after more content is released)
  1. Current Gear: A screencap with the current gear loadout I'm using would be awesome.
  2. Filter on log entries: This has already been implemented ingame. I'd like to see an easy filter to read player-written entries... Especially when there are hundreds of missions. I'd immediately like to toggle them off.
  3. Affiliated Captains: I'd like to select a group of 3-4 friends that are my affiliated captains. These are the people that I play with the most, and I'd like to link to their profile from mine.
  4. Current Ship Image: I'd love to see an image of the current ship I'm piloting.
  5. Self uploaded images: I'd love a place to upload 3-4 images to show off my Captain and his team
  6. Senior Officer Positions(when they are released): Having a list of my senior officers (and maybe even their photos?) would rock.
  7. Statistics: A list of statistics. How many missions I've beaten how many times I've died, PVP matches played.
  8. Privacy Settings: I'd like to toggle the ability for other subscribers/the public/friends to see specific content. I would not like the public to see my loadout/statistics, but I definitely don't mind them seeing a photo of me or something.

I'm not sure how everybody feels, but after some meat is added onto it I know I'll be spending time at work/school/other places when I don't have access to STO. I'd like to see features added on that not only let me show it off to my friends/others, but let me interact with my account/ the community without having to be logged into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd like to see these get put into place, particularly, filters for the log entries.

I would absolutely love to develop some RP storylines for both me and my officers but it's an overwhelming task to look at the extremely long list of missions I've done and figure out where to start. One idea I had to lessen this was in regards to both Patrol and Explore missions. Since there are several missions that you do to complete each of these, perhaps the Patrol and Explore missions should be the only one that show's up in the log while the individual system mission should show up in the entry for the Patrol or Explore mission.

But in regards to the web-based captain's log, a filter to see just "Supplemental Logs" or "User Enties" so that we can enjoy the meat of what people have to write and not have to spend time rifling through every single log entry to look for what they have written.