Lt. Commander
# 1 Mission log confusing
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
HI all, 3rd day of playing since I got the game after the Demo hooked me hehe.

Now for my question, the missing log, the one on the right of my screen telling me what missions I have to do...... any reason they stay there even after I have done them? This makes me so confused as to what I have to do next that I end up flying all over the place only to go... Oh hey I did that one.

Now then again I am a nublet on this game so maybe I don't quiet get yet the difference between a green dot next to the quest or a check mark in the main log.

Help please, because if I don't get help you all run the risk of me zooming by you in sector space at TOP speed looking for my next mission and I never was a good driver so I might run the risk of clipping your ship and ruining your paint job

Thanks in advance for any help.

Confuzzled nublet
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
After you complete the quest you need to recall the person who gave it to you to get your reward. At that point it will clear from your Mission Journal.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
After you complete the quest you need to recall the person who gave it to you to get your reward. At that point it will clear from your Mission Journal.
/facepalm

First of all thank you very much for your answer.

2nd of all, Thank you for not laughing.....

3rd of all, Can we pretend I never asked the question in the first place heheheheheheh
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Were you asking a question here? I didn't see any question. I thought you were just saying "hi" and introducing yourself as a new player to the game. Welcome!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbar
HI all, 3rd day of playing since I got the game after the Demo hooked me hehe.

Now for my question, the missing log, the one on the right of my screen telling me what missions I have to do...... any reason they stay there even after I have done them? This makes me so confused as to what I have to do next that I end up flying all over the place only to go... Oh hey I did that one.

Now then again I am a nublet on this game so maybe I don't quiet get yet the difference between a green dot next to the quest or a check mark in the main log.

Help please, because if I don't get help you all run the risk of me zooming by you in sector space at TOP speed looking for my next mission and I never was a good driver so I might run the risk of clipping your ship and ruining your paint job

Thanks in advance for any help.

Confuzzled nublet
Hey there and welcome to the game!

The missions will remain on the mission log until you use your subspace communications to contact the given mission giver (there will be a check mark next to the name), or you can press "J" to bring up your active missions. Once you collect your reward it will be removed from the log and you will be offered the next mission in the chain (if that applies).

Hope this helps, and again welcome to the game!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Thank you for the welcome's I have to say so far I am loving it, not too crazy about ground battles but the space ones WOW, too much fun and was yawning at work all day today thanks to last nights gaming

I did learn 1 thing the hard way.... just because a person offers me a mission does NOT mean I am ready for it.
I can't remember the mission name but I had to save a ship and get them dylithium crystals..... umm yeah, see I have the 1 tiny starter ship...the bad guys had 6 ships and most times at least 2 destroyers, as you can imagine I heroically fly into battle and fire everything I have at the bad guys who I have to get through to help my ally ship... they in turn fire back, only natural.

*Queue battle music*

I hit evasive maneuvers and fire at will, I have engineering boost my secondary systems, phasers are flying out of my ship... photon torpedoes are hitting bad guy ships, proton mines are behind me smashing into other bag guys behind me, all is going well............or so I think.......once the pulsing noise in my ears from battle excitement goes down a bit I can hear it, yes you got it, the ships computer, it would seem she is in full panic mode and she will not stop telling me my shields are down and my hull is getting lower even before she can rattle off the numbers.

I sit at my screen in shock, my poor ship is gone, I am lost in space, I can't help the ally, I have failed the mission...... wait? respawn? ok lets click that....... YES, I am back in the battle, off we go back to those that harmed me, I shoot, they shoot harder........ummm maybe I should come back later????

In short, I made it, I killed them all, it only took me *mumble mumble* "huh" you say? Ok it only took me like 7 respawns but I did it, I saved the ship, but man I would love it if missions too hard for me had a little thing next to it saying, enter at your own risk
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2010, 03:47 PM
A word of advice for later on.

Capt. Kurland (your primary contact for Cardassian Front Missions for late Cmdr through early RAdm) is a little strange in that he won't always assign or acknowledge completion of missions via subspace radio. You may have to talk to him in person on DS9.

Gym "It's possible that this little eccentricity may be fixed by the time you reach the appropriate rank, but you may want to keep it in mind." Quirk