Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Sick of posting about things I would like to see, short, medium or long term for our faction I decided to post about WHY no one pays any attention, since the DEVS just ignore anything in this forum.

1.) Add more klingon outfit options:

They could impliment this easily enough. In the last patch they increased the uniform options for NPCs but ignored the players, why? Simple. They are spending this time developing more C-store items.

2.) Allow Klingons to display their Kits/armor:

Would only require a simple reskinning of the fed models with the kits and armor replaceing the shoulder pads.
So why not do this? Simple: They would rather reskin klingon bridges and then ask us to pay for them.

3.) Design more ship variants to customise out ships at EACH level:

They have done it for the feds, so why not for the klingons? Simple again. They can CHARGE the feds for more ship options but the klingons would complain as we don't have equal options to the feds yet.

4.) Fix our BOs so they can attack destructable objects:

Again the feds have working BOs so why not klingons? Well TBH I suggest this is a simple bug that WILL be fixed soon, but after they get out a few more Cstore items.

those are just a few examples really. We keep being told more klingon stuff is comeing. It will arrive, but ONLY ONCE the C-store is done and the FEDS are DONE.

We are a minority and so we simply don't matter enough to fix
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 04:05 AM
To be fair feds got two new missions and some clothes , while we got tons of new stuff , trouble is we were so far behide would take 5 more patches like that to get caught up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
To be fair feds got two new missions and some clothes , while we got tons of new stuff , trouble is we were so far behide would take 5 more patches like that to get caught up.
Have to agree..the last patch was very Klingon focused. But since Klingons were launched "bare bones" as it were it doesn't seem like much if you compare to what already exists Fed-side. It will get there, it looks like every coming patch has something for Klingons in it. Id like to see more costuming choices sooner rather than later though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2010, 05:25 AM
They are doing it backwards TBH. If they gave us Meaningfull PvP that would occupy us long enough to re-hash the fed stuff into being "klingon content" that people will still whine about not being enough anyways. They directed a majority of the PvPers into the Klingon side and this PvP system cant keep the interest of a PvPer for long (I enjoy the game but I to am getting bored). And PvP once you do it a few times that gets boring as well. And since all I hear about is complaints nobody can find groups to run infected and cure on the Klingon side then PvE isnt what the player base wants.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2010, 05:42 AM
I kinda wish there were more options for Klingon uniforms.

Or at the very least allow us to take off the armoured collar on all characters.

But in my opinion the last patch was a good sign for prospective Klingon content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
And since all I hear about is complaints nobody can find groups to run infected and cure on the Klingon side then PvE isnt what the player base wants.
This is a huge leap of logic. What many PvE players (including myself) want are the equivalent of what the Federation side has not with regard to overall PvE content, from the ground up. Missions that can be done solo, small group, or full group. The raidisodes do not fall into that category.

For some players raids and PvP are the focus; for others non-raid, non-PvP content is the main part of the game.

I want a ton of PvE, but am not all that interested in raidisodes. For me, endgame is a misnomer; I want to enjoy the journey, not just the end.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Well, I don't really agree with the idea that the devs are ignoring the KDF. Yes the KDF needs a lot of attention, but really I feel like they are definitely listening. Its certainly taking a lot longer than I'd like and most people would like, but I feel like they are working on it.

Keep in mind with the uniforms, they still haven't even gotten the mirror universe outfits done yet. And those were the first uniforms anyone actually paid for. Its really annoying that its taking so long to get those done, and of course the Klingon uniform situation is even worse, but if they can't get a Fed uniform done until almost 3 months after it should have been ready, well, Klingons have a long wait ahead.

Also, you can remove the collar on female uniforms, but I'm not 100% sure the procedure. I know mine doesn't have a collar. After fiddling with the uniform creator for a while I figured out how to remove it and did so. So there is a way, I just don't remember it.

As for kits, that baffles me. If you make yourself kits from Memory Alpha and send it to your Klingon, the kits actually show up when you wear them. And there are certainly some clipping issues based on your uniform, but overall it doesn't make sense why they don't just allow Klingon kits to show up. Sometimes the clipping makes it look that much cooler.

I wish they would let us use ship customization like it was in beta. Obviously when PVP was fully open across the tiers, a T5 BOP looking just like a T1 BOP gave a false idea of what you were fighting (not that I ever knew the difference at the time). But now that its all locked to tiers, who cares what you look like? A BOP is a BOP and if you're in T5, its a T5 BOP. And this wouldn't take much to do, you have models for everything already, just open it up across the tiers. But if the new models are any indication, they want to do this just like the Fed side, so it will take a whole lot longer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Even in the interviews on this site it's stated the Klingons were intended to "compliment" the Federatrion...in other words, the Klingons are there for the Feds to have someone to kill...
That's also why so many Feds cry "Klingons are OP" because they really believe that's all Klingons SHOULD be around for and when we don't roll over and die quickly, something must be wrong because Kirk/Picard/Janeway always beats the Klingons...

I will admit I was relieved when it was announced they would be putting development of a 3rd playable race on hold until more Klingon content is added in July. What little they did come up with so far is OK, but still little to do over the course of a "career" in the Empire. We shall yet see if the Developers deliver enough material to really make the Klingons into a full race, not just a faction to "compliment" the Feds.

What Star Trek might have looked like from the Klingons point of view:
http://teresh.tdonnelly.org/klinfilm.html
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't agree with the ignored part.
We got Exploration missions in the last update.
Thats much needed PvE.
KDF are playing catch up in terms of content.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Well I agree with what alot of you have said, and agree completely I have been playing since the prelaunch week and have heard alot of promises from Cryptic about how much the klingon content would be improved with the 45 day patch. It came and went with little actual change. Ok so we got 4 clusters to do missions in but at the same time they added FvF gameplay, which has decimated the low/middle tier PvP. My latest klingon has just got to commander status and has managed in that time to do abour 5 PvP matches.....

With the announcement of APril being the "MONTH OF THE C_STORE" as it were I just felt they could of given Klingon contetn, simple stuff like i mentioned in my OP more attention, as opposed to filling the C-store with more and more MT stuff.
In short I begin to wonder if perhaps the klingons are not about to beomce a C-Store purchase. Namely that we will have to BUY the extra's to flesh out the faction ourselves.

Guess in short I am just sick of waiting for the Klingons to have some real attention and not just 2 steps forward and one back kind of stuff.
Anyway Ty again for your responces so far, and not one single Trolling or flameing!