Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I have to admit I was a bit guilty of the jumps in logic before the first patch. I read the forums and also took in what people were saying on Tribble and came to the conclusion that Season One wouldn't amount to much. I would say I was wrong, for the most part. Some of the conjecture and what really happened:

- Ship changes - Well I read a lot of feedback from Tribble players that claimed that the changes to the KDF vessels would be skins only. I was surprised to find that one Season One release there was some customization given to us. My initial knee jerk was, "well at least its a start." This was due to the fact that I saw a lot of carriers and Negh'Vars looking like a kids lego set exploded. I myself started to mess with the changes to my BoP and Negh'Var and I like the update more than I originally thought I would. Certainly more options are needed at all levels to add diversity.

- Clothes Changes - We certainly don't have many. I heard from players that Season One would only include hair additions. Of course that wasn't completely off base. Having no collar for women I believe was always there. Our "big" addition was a circlet or armband and a few sash changes. There were add ons to the hairstyles too but I do believe these were aimed at the Feds. "Ponytails" ah yah thats it! ; )

- PvE - While repetitive I do like it for the most part. I wish we had the narrative chain quests as the Feds do. Heck why can't "Q" (remember the Q are more than one entity) talk to the KDF members? The one mission which I do scratch my head on is the repetitive listening posts that have been silenced with Borg sensor thingies. There are no Borg about so its an exercise in running around the station killing one object per room (kind of boring without the Borg themselves).

My number one biggest PvE gripe is not being allowed to group with SF for Infected or The Cure. It is so incrediably difficult to find groups to go through these as a KDF member. To me this one issue could be a long term deal breaker to me. Because the population base is so low we don't have that many opportunities to do these missions. Come on Cryptic, this is supposed to be a combined mission.

- PvP - Well as KDF we are all over PvP so when changes hit PvP we notice them. Unfairly when Fed players hear KDF members comment about these changes we get the 9yr old comments LTP. IF Cryptic actually reads this, I applaud you on Shanty Town. I really like it. Some say its buggy but to this day I am uncertain what that bug is. More city maps would be nice. Open PvP has been mentioned, that would be nice. Nothing like training the CE back to Sol (yes I know its instanced, just kidding). Also please fix the Cap and Hold maps, the new method just sucks. The capping model being used is buggy as heck (many have mentioned the idiosyncrasies here)

Cheers
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-02-2010, 09:14 AM
They are releasing waaaaaaaaaay too much c-store stuff. I like the new bridges though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
This is a huge leap of logic. What many PvE players (including myself) want are the equivalent of what the Federation side has not with regard to overall PvE content, from the ground up. Missions that can be done solo, small group, or full group. The raidisodes do not fall into that category.

For some players raids and PvP are the focus; for others non-raid, non-PvP content is the main part of the game.

I want a ton of PvE, but am not all that interested in raidisodes. For me, endgame is a misnomer; I want to enjoy the journey, not just the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwlightTemple
I
My number one biggest PvE gripe is not being allowed to group with SF for Infected or The Cure. It is so incrediably difficult to find groups to go through these as a KDF member. To me this one issue could be a long term deal breaker to me. Because the population base is so low we don't have that many opportunities to do these missions. Come on Cryptic, this is supposed to be a combined mission.

Cheers
TwilighTemple understands my comment about PvE in game not being used by Klingons. The Klingon faction ismt interested in it. If they were there wouldnt be a shortage of groups trying it. And your not going to ever get Equivalent to what the Feds have the feds will get added content as we get it. And I understand you want the PvE content all the way up, but most knligons are already captain or BG's already. Any content they put it will have to be added for those lvls or they will lose them (lose what they have left playing that is).with nothing for them to do a decent PvP system with infected and the cure should keep the higher lvls content enough for the Devs to complete and add PvE content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I disagree that Klingons aren't interested in PvE.
I am.
I also saw plenty of Klingon players in Exploration Clusters last night.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
It may be that Cryptic added some klingon content with the last patch, but you cant say "Yeah we got more content then the feds" since the major part of our "new" content was available for feds from the beginning.

And it actually seems that they are ignoring us, wich is proven beyond doubt to me by the simple fact that we had a lot of serverdows and smaller patches since that big update, they even had time to add new ship designs for feds to c-store ect ect.

But in all that time and by all that chances they neither fixed BASIC game issues like the lack of Autofire on Ground on Klingon side wich cant be so hard to fix nor did they even take the time to COMMENT this issue here.

Nothing can make me believe that to Cryptic Klingon players are anything else are second class players under that circumstances.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
I disagree that Klingons aren't interested in PvE.
I am.
I also saw plenty of Klingon players in Exploration Clusters last night.
Maybe they were there because PVP is slow.

When the queues are crap, I PVE but only because I want to lvl.

Thanks cryptic for the craptic PVP system and for making me have to PVE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
To be fair feds got two new missions and some clothes , while we got tons of new stuff , trouble is we were so far behide would take 5 more patches like that to get caught up.
Can't disagree more with this statement. The Feds got about 3 times the content (content = PvP + PvE + customization) in "Season One - Part 1". If the ratio was reversed and continued for the next 5 updates (2 years) then perhaps Klingons would have HALF the content of the Federation faction.

But we all know this isn't going to happen. There is very little money in creating Klngon "catch up" content. The money is in C-store Federation fluff and a new faction that they will put in an "expansion" which they will charge $30 or so for.

Klingons will continue to get retreaded Federation missions and an occasional bone like the T2 Cruiser and coming Klingon Joined Trill (both of which should've been in at release). Klingon content will never approach that available to Federation players. EVER!

But most Klingons would gladly settle for half.

Meanwhile, where is the meaningful, fun, exciting open PvP?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Can't disagree more with this statement. The Feds got about 3 times the content (content = PvP + PvE + customization) in "Season One - Part 1". If the ratio was reversed and continued for the next 5 updates (2 years) then perhaps Klingons would have HALF the content of the Federation faction.

But we all know this isn't going to happen. There is very little money in creating Klngon "catch up" content. The money is in C-store Federation fluff and a new faction that they will put in an "expansion" which they will charge $30 or so for.

Klingons will continue to get retreaded Federation missions and an occasional bone like the T2 Cruiser and coming Klingon Joined Trill (both of which should've been in at release). Klingon content will never approach that available to Federation players. EVER!

But most Klingons would gladly settle for half.

Meanwhile, where is the meaningful, fun, exciting open PvP?
Feds got DS 9 fleet battle and the new raido~whatever and clothes plz name this "3 times" worth of stuff they got? haha
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Dudes and Dudettes,
We have 1 zone that is completely our own. Why would we want more. You should be happy with it. It's not like the feds have 8 zones with like 30 different encounters in each zone. Is it? Oh yeah, it is.

Carry on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-03-2010, 01:24 AM
There is so much that Klingons need however they will release and tell us about just enough to keep us paying in the hope the next patch will make the game worth the money.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM.