Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
Have to agree..the last patch was very Klingon focused. But since Klingons were launched "bare bones" as it were it doesn't seem like much if you compare to what already exists Fed-side. It will get there, it looks like every coming patch has something for Klingons in it. Id like to see more costuming choices sooner rather than later though.
It **may** get there someday, but how long are people willing to pay until it happens?

For each update the KDF gets, the Feds are sure to get a whole lot more on a much more regular basis. That is a fact. That is a pattern established even now after Season 1. That is a pattern that looks to remain so if you look at the calendar.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
Feds got DS 9 fleet battle and the new raido~whatever and clothes plz name this "3 times" worth of stuff they got? haha
Since you asked:

C-store playable species - to add to the 2 existing C-store species. The Klingons have ZERO.
FvF PvP - good luck with that.
Off-Duty Uniforms - to add to the huge amount of clothing options they already have.
DS9 Siege - nice ground mission.

Klingons got a T2 Cruiser and retreaded federation missions. They got a tiny additional amount of ship customization (started with ZERO) that is in no way comparable to the ship customization for Feds.

Excepting the FvF, each of those Fed extras easily required the sum total of resources spent on the Klingon "stuff". Obviously the Klingons don't need any more clothes, they don't need any more playable species, they don't need a Klingon only fleet action. The Feds NEED those things, and they will continue to get them, at the expense of the "other" faction.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
well the exploration zones are plenty busy (even at 3 in the morning!) SO there are OBVIOUSLY people that want to play Klingon. We are not a minority! We are some same gamers that play Fed.. we just happen to be a little bit more adventurous that most!

So I declare the Myth of Klingons being a minority a true myth! At this point most fed players are on thier secont or third feddy and quite a few have started Klingon toons. There voices are being heard now as they discover just how badly crippled Klingon play is (and its not as bad as it WAS!)

Keep those Forum posts coming.. and lets throw regular e-mails at "Ask Cryptic" pushing for Klingon Storyline PvE. I'll be damded if I sit around and be content with being a live target for some over equipped PvE rewarded Mem-alpha buffed feddy with far to many e-creds!.

I still discusts me that I had to level up a couple feddies just to get the special eqipment that allows me a chance to stand even in PvP with tweaked out feddys (even if a whole bunch of em can't seem to tell up from down, fore from aft, or port from starboard.. and thinks tactics must be some sort of swear word.. bloody flat thinkers! Whats amazing to me at this point is that the feds loose as many PvP matches as they do.. shamefull I tell you.. shamefull when you have as many advantages as they have.)

We certainly need story line. After are why are house battles tolerated in the empire at this point in Klingon history? Whats the story?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-03-2010, 09:50 PM
As being one of those people who started Fed, and then went to Klingon I would have to say yes there is a huge gap. And while I would love PvE the PvP does need fixed, as it was first. There does need to be a storyline added to explain the current state of the Empire and the war. Also as Klingons are a warrior race, I do not see how limiting them to their own space is reasonable. There should be ability to go conquer and control, but I think that is far off. My hopes are that before any other "factions" are put into the game they actualy finish working on the one they left half done, if that..

My thought is this .... Stop working on Fed ship costumes, uniforms, races, and endgame. Make it harder to get to RA5, and work on the job you didnt even complete. Finish the Klingons off, Put in a story, make PvP better and more desirable, add more PvE than a few fleet actions and explore. I would be happy if the Klingons were even half to where the Fed is. That would be something to give hope, and let those who play Klingon know they are not ignored, and pushed aside for off duty uniforms and ship variants
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Fixing PvP so that it is decent and meaningful is far more important than PvE which will be burned thru in a matter of days.

Yes, stop the parade of "stuff" going to the federation and have 90% of the Cryptic development/art staff working Klingon issues for 6-12 months and we might get half the content (PvP + PvE + customization) that the Feddies have already. Not that I expect that to happen, but that level of resurces is what it would take to get there.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Fixing PvP so that it is decent and meaningful is far more important than PvE which will be burned thru in a matter of days.

Yes, stop the parade of "stuff" going to the federation and have 90% of the Cryptic development/art staff working Klingon issues for 6-12 months and we might get half the content (PvP + PvE + customization) that the Feddies have already. Not that I expect that to happen, but that level of resurces is what it would take to get there.

Oh I completely agree, the PvP is much more important than the PvE but it does give us something to do while waiting for que. I truly hope that when more PvE is implemented that it will come in a harder format. Not the ease that PvE in this game has been
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Others have stated earlier that Open World PVP is more preferred and many are seeing it as a possible fix to the PVP problem. I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
I disagree that Klingons aren't interested in PvE.
I am.
I also saw plenty of Klingon players in Exploration Clusters last night.
That's only because there's almost no FvK pvp going on right now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hausenwulf View Post
That's only because there's almost no FvK pvp going on right now.
Tell me about it, its so painful to level a new Klingon atm.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I personally can't wait until Season Two so I can finally start working on my Klingon without feeling like poking my eyes out doing exploration missions or waiting for a PvP queue. I barely started playing, reached Lt8 or so, and I go back to leveling a second Feddie. You know why? It's bloody boring! It gets repetitive, I can't PvP my way out a wet paper bag, and the waits are atrocious. Klingons NEED a storyline in order to get players like myself to play the faction and level up to BG5. My MMO preferences (in order, of course):

PvE
Play Dress-up
RP
PvP

I don't see any of the first two as the game currently sits, I haven't played long enough to even THINK that the third one is done at all, and I like to PvP ON OCCASION! I don't want to be forced to grind something I don't like.

/rant