Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Well I found some fun comparison photos of ship sizes between ST and SW.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/images2/i...tar_Wars_2.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/images2/i...tar_Wars_1.jpg


I hope you have enjoyed these ship comparisons!
Looks about right. Star Trek really is lacking in terms of massive Capital ships, though there are things like the Borg Cube and Jem'Hadar Battleship, which are bigger than most. Starfleet really needs some kind of massive Capital Ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
The guy used actual Star Wars and Star Trek specs to model these (Made up Specs from Gene and Lucas...)
No he didn't, those models were made by other people, he simply downloaded them and rendered them without textures next to each other, hence why the credits list is there at the bottom right. Still, it is pretty cool seeing them next to each other like that. :-)

Starfleet does have the Enterprise-J, thats pretty massive at 2 miles long :-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
The hilarious part is the weapons output of Star Trek ships would completely slaughter the Star Wars ships defenses. Star Wars ships would run circles around Star Trek ships, though. Crossing an entire galaxy in a few months!?!

Neither compares to Stargate speeds, though. A matter of weeks to reach the Horse Head Nebula. Or their weapons for that matter. Ancient weapons seem to completely negate shields.

/Total geek for knowing all this
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relict View Post
The hilarious part is the weapons output of Star Trek ships would completely slaughter the Star Wars ships defenses. Star Wars ships would run circles around Star Trek ships, though. Crossing an entire galaxy in a few months!?!

Neither compares to Stargate speeds, though. A matter of weeks to reach the Horse Head Nebula. Or their weapons for that matter. Ancient weapons seem to completely negate shields.

/Total geek for knowing all this
No worries, geekiness is a bit of a requirement here. We all have it to one degree or another
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relict View Post
The hilarious part is the weapons output of Star Trek ships would completely slaughter the Star Wars ships defenses. Star Wars ships would run circles around Star Trek ships, though. Crossing an entire galaxy in a few months!?!

Neither compares to Stargate speeds, though. A matter of weeks to reach the Horse Head Nebula. Or their weapons for that matter. Ancient weapons seem to completely negate shields.

/Total geek for knowing all this
You're right about that. Starfleet ships would blow the crap out of Star Wars ships. Photon torpedoes have a yield of 25 isotons. That's several times more powerful that a nuclear explosion, except it's contained in a very small area. Hence why Photon Torpedoes are capable of punching through a ships thick hull. However, as you said, Star Wars ships could run circles around Star Trek ships, as they can cross their galaxy in just a few days.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
Those are really good pics.
Wish it had the ship names attached to the actual ship...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Wish it had the ship names attached to the actual ship...
Try this link - until your pics, this was my favorite "comparison" chart:
http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison/index.html
Trek actually does have the largest ship (according to that chart) and it lists all the names as you were looking for - it's just not nearly nice as the links you posted today.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
they all look great, the only ones that look iffy to me is defiant and m'falcon...

if you watched the show/films m'falcon looks huge especially when there inside running around and stuff
Actually, the Millennium Falcon isn't very big. They built half of it in full size in the Mos Eisley scene in Episode IV. The cockpit section is literally just large enough for a few people. The Defiant is a full starship, just a smaller, more compact, combat oriented one. It has something like 5 or 6 complete decks inside. But part of the issue is that the Defiant was shown in multiple scales on screen. Occasionally beefed up for shots along side DS9 or other ships, and shrunk down to about the size of the Falcon when flying past the Enterprise-E in First Contact.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
You're right about that. Starfleet ships would blow the crap out of Star Wars ships. Photon torpedoes have a yield of 25 isotons. That's several times more powerful that a nuclear explosion, except it's contained in a very small area. Hence why Photon Torpedoes are capable of punching through a ships thick hull. However, as you said, Star Wars ships could run circles around Star Trek ships, as they can cross their galaxy in just a few days.
You forget that star trek ships can just beam their payload on board star wars ships be it photon torpedos or tibbles, no muss, no fuss
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-02-2010, 01:57 PM
In case u missed it.

http://www.merzo.net/

All the Ships.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 AM.