Lt. Commander
I tried one of the explore missions for the first time, and was rather annoyed that my disruptor refused to be set to autofire... is this a bug? My federation characters have never had this trouble. I tried each ground auto attack setting in options none of them let my primary fire to work, and since its a pistol I have to spam the key every second or loose a lot of damage.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Well I have personally seen a few posts asking for this but I am uncertain as to its utility in PvP. Maybe only PvE is what you are interested in.

Here is how I see the problem. In PvP I switch between weapons a lot, I have a split beam rifle and a sniper rifle (I have skills that can stun). So I'm always racing around switching weapons and using skills. Autofire would be a pain because of the issue that you are trying to use a skill and wham, your weapon fires when you don't want it to. PvP is all situational so I would see auto-fire as a drawback.

On PvE I have not run into too many issues where I thought auto-fire would make a difference because too many things are going on to track (well maybe in Infected last room but that's another issue) but I'm a Tactical BG5 so things maybe different for Engineers or Medical players.

Also, I have see LOTS of feds with their ships weapons set to auto. This gets to be fun when you scramble their sensors and their turrets start shooting each other. Fun fun.

Once again I am not saying don't do it to Cryptic. If its a feature and people can turn it on and off I'm all for new features.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I can see why it would be disabled for PVP, which is fine, I just wanted it for PvE. Origionally I didn't want to use it at all on the fed side, but since it was an option I did start to use it, I just find it frustrating that federation get a game option like this but the klingons dont? That's what doesn't make sence. And my klingon uses pistols right now where my federation mostly used rifles, and its kind of a pain to keep spaming the fire button constantly with the speed of fire on pistols. And I like how the option works a well, you can disable it, or make it toggleable etc (though I dont use, nor do I like the option to fire automaticly on any target in range without hitting any button)